How soon did you see changes?

Options
And what were they? I'm a newbie. Only on week 2 , down 3 pounds and lots more to go.

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    On the scale it took about 3.5 weeks, but then it was pretty steady. But I could feel my jeans fitting a little better after about 2 weeks.
  • VVVeeVee
    VVVeeVee Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    in my upper region after a couple of weeks
    in my lower region 6-7 weeks.

I'm pear shaped, so that explains that.
  • MariannePhoto
    MariannePhoto Posts: 75 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I am at about 5 weeks (12lbs) and just really starting to see a difference in my face and back. Been doing mostly bodyweight exercises and walking/hiking which has been helping a lot in how my body seems to be changing too. So far husband has noticed (but he sees me workout every day at home and walks/hikes with me too) and my mom has noticed. <3 I reallllly notice normally at about a 30lb loss.
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I only notice when I look at old pictures. There definitely IS a change--I can fit into clothes that I couldn't before--but it happens so gradually that it's hard to notice on a day-to-day basis.

Don't worry, though. You can make it, and it is worth it. :)
  • jdb3388
    jdb3388 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    It depends on how big you are to begin with. I started at 283 and I'm somewhere in the mid 230's right now (depending on what time of day you put me on the scales) and while I can tell a difference in my clothes, and how I feel, most people really can't see much change. It's sort of an "Oh yeah, I guess I can see you're a little smaller" reaction, after I tell them I can't eat a certain thing or something like that which points towards my weight loss. However, if you weigh 200lbs and lost the same 50ish that I have lost, at 150 you would be an entirely different person. So to give a more direct answer to your question, I'd say at about 20% of your goal, you will notice, and at about 40% of your goal, others will begin to notice, some while some won't, and by 75% of your goal, everyone will know.

But why are you worrying about that? You just started. Stop asking questions about the finish line and just keep pushing forward to find that first mile marker.
  • croftie4
    croftie4 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    I didnt really until my clothes started getting loose. I realized back fat i didnt even know i had was gone because my back just looked leaner and slim and i was like...woah :o My legs began to slim up first and honestly i had no idea even when my pants started getting loose i was just like...well they just stretched out. I was totally in denial i saw weight loss on the scale but i really didnt in myself, Sometimes i still dont.

87 pounds down and yesterday when i went shopping i finally decided to try some size small things, And they all fit. I had still been in size large everything and the occasional medium sweater or something. So from going from large/extra large to aparently a small i really just denied it the entire way lol.

So i guess my answer is youll see results when you allow yourself to. Put in the work take your measurements and just enjoy, No real point in worrying about when and where youll see results, Just work to get them.

^^^
    This is me

I noticed my back first, then my tummy. My top half has dropped lost most of the weight. Still a away to go on my legs. I really can't see it. My tops are so baggy that I tried a top on in a shop but it was too big I had to ask for a smaller size. I still didn't believe it. Tried a small top on in another shop and it was a perfect fit. I was so shocked but still I don't believe I look that different. Today on sch run someone who I speak to a lot on the phone but haven't seen for a few weeks said 'hello skinny' so I guess I must be looking slimmer.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    It is a process. Find ways to enjoy the process. For me, I enjoy knowing that every day I work out, I am able to do more than I could do before. And I've set my food intake up to the point where I carry a deficit without being hungry. I'm about 6 weeks into tracking - a few weeks longer of making better food choices, and 5 weeks into exercising 6 times per week. If I can't enjoy the process, which I consider a lifestyle, there's no way I would be able to stick to it because like everyone else, I want instant gratification when it comes to how I look and what the scale tells me (which often-times is not the real - or complete - truth). Results-wise I'm down about 16 lbs, and in one belt notch. I'm not really measuring things because I don't want to get hung up on that stuff. I want the process to be a habit and let the weight follow its course. I'll tweak as I need to, but the general concepts and knowledge here are enough.
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I didn't really notice it until I found an old picture of myself and realized what I HAD looked like, vs what I look like now. That is why I always tell people to take progress photos. Whenever you feel like you haven't done enough, you can look back and see how far you've come! Just trust the process and you will get to where you want to be.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    DH noticed when I'd lost about 25lbs, other commented more like 35lbs in. I'm short (5'3") and was about 190lbs. It can take a while for it to become visible, but once you notice it's very hard not to be motivated.
  • Iwanttolosemymummytummy
    Options
    jedandme wrote: »
    fw0lr0w2swda.jpg

So true!!

I noticed clothes getting loose between 4-7 weeks. I'm at week 8 and no word of a lie, my sister in law commented how I'd lost weight at the weekend. (I haven't lost lbs only inches, but I'm told it counts all the same :) ) I'll be aiming for the 12 week mark for others to notice....something to motivate me to work harder.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    Immediately after starting to walk at lunchtime and change my eating habits, I felt better.

My mom started commenting when I was down 15 pounds and my OH at around 20. Took a while for me to notice a difference in the mirror at the gym, and at that point it was a BIG difference that my brain was finally registering.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    When I had 80lbs to lose it took a couple months for it to be noticeable but now that I only have 15 I notice almost every couple lbs. it really depends on how you carry your weight. Mine is fairly even and it's a blessing or a curse depending on how you look at it. On the one hand it takes forever to notice change and on the other it takes a lot of yolo eating to notice a problem; but then you have a big problem lol
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Talk a daily selfie. I do a "sweat pic". I could tell after about three weeks of being good food wise and exercise.
  • whiskey5jda2008
    whiskey5jda2008 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    i don't know about seeing, but noticing took two weeks. The first thing i noticed was i had more energy and my back didn't hurt so much anymore.
  • millcreekr
    millcreekr Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My friend noticed it in my face at about two weeks. I noticed it in my clothes, mainly all my coats, which is crazy, but that is what I first noticed it in about a week and a half. After about a month I started trying on summer clothes, capris mainly, that had been snug last summer and are now loose! However, I have lost just 15 pounds and have a ways to go.