BEST LOW FAT ICE CREAM

Options
A friend of mine is a fitness coach and had put up on her page that her mother picked up a pint of halo top for her.. 20 people commenting how good it was. I passed by some and said what the hell.. Im so glad I did... Its actually very good 280 calories a pint. Low in sugar and high in protine. I got birthday cake and mint chip.. Both are yummy.

Replies

• PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Enlightened also has some amazing ice creams, too! o: I do love me some Halo Top, but they don't have a banana flavor. xD

... I wanna mix half a pint of Enlightened Banana Fosters with half a pint of Halo Top Peanut Butter Cup.

/hyperventilates
  • jordan_bowden
    jordan_bowden Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Banana ice cream. Freeze a couple of bananas overnight, when they're done let them thaw for a few mins and then blend them up in a food processor until they're smooth and creamy. You can add other frozen fruit or berries for flavour, or simply add cinnamon and vanilla. Virtually no fat at all :)
  • tugsandpulls760
    tugsandpulls760 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    halo top is bomb and I like sugar free tropicals too and artic zero
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    My favorite of the Halo Top flavors I've been able to try is Birthday Cake & the Vanilla Bean is pretty good. I'm hoping Giant will get some of the newer flavors in.

Giant just started to carry Enlightened & my favorite out of the 4-5 flavors they carry is the Peanut Butter Chip. I'm hoping eventually they stock the newest flavors that just came out like Birthday Cake & Bananas Foster. It seems that Enlightened will go on sale more than Halo Top (last week was 3 for 10 & Halo Top is always $5.99) so I'll buy that one more often.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I have an ice cream maker. I've been making a lot of sorbets that are low in fat. (They do have a fair bit of sugar; the basic process is "boil equal parts sugar and water to make a simple syrup. Puree fruit with any other flavorings—typically lemon juice, maybe some added fruit juice, maybe some extracts or spices like cinnamon or allspice. Cool syrup and add to puree. Refrigerate until chilled, pour into ice cream maker and churn.) Typical serving is about 90-130 calories.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I have an ice cream maker. I've been making a lot of sorbets that are low in fat. (They do have a fair bit of sugar; the basic process is "boil equal parts sugar and water to make a simple syrup. Puree fruit with any other flavorings—typically lemon juice, maybe some added fruit juice, maybe some extracts or spices like cinnamon or allspice. Cool syrup and add to puree. Refrigerate until chilled, pour into ice cream maker and churn.) Typical serving is about 90-130 calories.

What size serving?
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Half a cup, usually. Typical yield is one quart.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Banana ice cream. Freeze a couple of bananas overnight, when they're done let them thaw for a few mins and then blend them up in a food processor until they're smooth and creamy. You can add other frozen fruit or berries for flavour, or simply add cinnamon and vanilla. Virtually no fat at all :)

But not high protein, and it's just straight up not ice cream. Halo top wins.
  • cafisher0404
    cafisher0404 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Halo top is delicious! I just discovered a week ago and love their chocolate one, and they have some coffee flavored one that is also amazing.
  • missxlela
    missxlela Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Artic Zero is fat and sugar free but some of the flavors are gross. Salted Caramel or Chocolate is yummy.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    It's not ice cream, but I get my fix just fine with Yasso Frozen Greek Yogurt bars.
  • readytobeatfat54
    readytobeatfat54 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I like Halo Top, the only thing I don't like is the price. I can sometimes get it at Giant, otherwise I have to go to Whole Foods where it is priced as if it contained gold ($6.99!).

I have never heard of Enlightened, how many calories in a pint? Where can you buy it? I have not seen it at Giant or Whole Foods near me.

I have tried Arctic Zero, I wasn't a fan, it just doesn't taste like ice cream, at least not like Halo Top.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Halo Top for the win! I adore the peanut butter cup flavor. The birthday cake was okay. I have a pint of oatmeal cookie and mint chip waiting in my freezer. I am exclusively a Halo Top weekender (only eat on weekends!).
  • readytobeatfat54
    readytobeatfat54 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Just looked it up, turns out Shoprite near me sells Enlightened. I'll give it a try.
  • yellingkimber
    yellingkimber Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    missxlela wrote: »
    Artic Zero is fat and sugar free but some of the flavors are gross. Salted Caramel or Chocolate is yummy.

I can't even express how truly disgusting their Peanut Butter Cup flavor is. It was like licking a penny, but worse? Like licking a dirty penny? I couldn't make it past the first bite. Completely ruined me on trying any other flavor from that brand.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    unfortunatly i cant find halo top anywhere near me in maine. the one shaws that was supposed to have it according to halo tops website actually does not. /cry
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I just jumped on the Enlightened bandwagon recently. So tasty! :) Strawberry Cheesecake and Frozen Hot Chocolate are my favorites so far
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    In my town we do NOT have halo top- and the only enlightened is in the enlightened ice cream bars- only chocolate flavored.- But thankfully- in a town 35 miles from me- i can find vanilla or chocolate halo top- so sad really - small towns- anyway i am just trying to enjoy the yasso yogurt bars- we can get them at walmart and they have different flavors- There is a little Artic zero here- but every flavor i have tired was YUCK- oh well - I am glad for yasso and Enlightened bars- wish we had the pints though-
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Didn't care for the halo top, tasted very chemically. Won't rush out and buy it again.
    But, 1/2 cup s'mores and 1 tbsp Hershey's chocolate syrup made it pretty nice of a little 100 calorie snack.