Paleo Diet

Options
Has anyone done it? How many carbs am I supposed to stay under?
And are those grams only for complex carbs .. Trying to watch my carb intake but I seem to eat them even tho I'm not eating bread right now

Replies

• _Phill727
    _Phill727 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I second @vismal ^^ I was on it for a few months years ago and the main take away for me was if you go strict Paleo it will blow up your food budget
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I did it, it was fine, I didn't ultimately see the point for me. My thoughts are in other paleo threads in more detail.

However, for the specific question: paleo does not have a specific carb goal. It says to avoid specific foods (grains, legumes, dairy, added sugar). I know some crossfitters who do a mostly paleo diet and they make an effort to keep their carbs up, for athletic reasons.
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I tried it, but found that it was way too expensive to actually continue. Instead, I just took away some of the great veggie options that I found and now just try to have protein and veggies at eat meal without all the crazy extra stuff with Paleo diet.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    GucciModel, I don't want to sound harsh but these are not Hogwarts forums. I see that you have another post about some cleanse detox of a sorts and I want to caution you against wasting your time anymore in search for magical solutions.
    Unfortunately the only, ONLY way to lose weight is to eat less than you burn. I know it sounds horrible and it seems there must be some secret way to overeat and lose at the same time but the harsh reality is thay there isn't.
    I'm not mocking you. I'm trying to put things in perspective. Because there are too many people out there looking for magic tricks and too many companies preying on these people.
    For your own sake stop looking for shortcuts. There aren't any.