I'm Doin' it....I'm going Primal!!!!

Options
SO after two months of tracking every calorie I put into my mouth (even if it put me WAY over for the day), workingout like a marine with P90X (which I love and will keep doing!!) I have decided to try The Primal BluePrint way of living. Currently reading the book and will be shopping later. Looking forward to my steak for dinner!! LOL
If there are any Primal/Paleo people out there who could offer advise please feel free to add me!!!
Wish Me Luck!!!!
Sue

PS - Grok On!!

Replies

• Eats_With_A_Fist
    Options
    I've only been doing it a couple of weeks, but I've NEVER felt better! I really like the workout methods too! Grok On!
  • shonniegrl
    shonniegrl Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have a few friends that are on Paleo and they LOVE it!! What is the difference between primal and paleo?
  • Eats_With_A_Fist
    Options
  • amhyb8
    amhyb8 Posts: 6
    Options
    I just read that article and it flys in the face of what I've read about Paleo. (been doing it loosely for a month now) Paleo has soooooo many sub-groups it's confusing.

The sites from which I get recipes and guidance say butter is fine because it does not contain lactose, they shun canola, and cheer for nut oils and flours. That sentence in the article about sugar substitutes is totally false.....(fake sugar can't be good for ya and all the Paleo sites agree)

I don't want to start a fight about which is "better" or anything, just wanted to point out some things so that other people looking into Paleo/Primal don't get more confused. Anyway, good luck to ya!
  • Eats_With_A_Fist
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I'm still fairly new to it myself and am coming to it from the PB perspective, so that's where the majority of my reading has been. Seen a few paleo things, but hadn't really dug too much into the differences. I think they're both pretty healthy lifestyles!
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Just want to eat cleaner, be leaner and stop obsessing about freaking food for a while!!! I think if I make choices to eat stuff without an ingredient list to start is a good step in the right direction. We have access to lots of wild game and fresh fish and my goal is to just be healthier. Paeleo/Primal...I`ll take the best of both worlds to start!! LOL
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    These diets sound so much like clean eating....of course there are many different definitions of clean eating, but to me, eating foods in there natural state or as close to it as you can is clean eating. Which is what I try to stick with, but when you've been introduced to processed junk, it's very hard to get away from it. I've gotten into arguments about dairy and protein powder-which I feel are very processed, but people look at what the product does for you nutritionally as opposed to how it's made. But that's a personal choice. I'm not into any particular diet, just a lifestyle that doesn't include foods that man has made for the most part.
    Life should be about enjoying what you eat and fretting over it. Happy eating.
  • dmcb24
    dmcb24 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I just started Paleo on Tuesday of this week and I love it. Good luck to you!