Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Self Image vs Society

Options
What do y'all think?

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Erm, could you be a bit more specific?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    What do we think about what?
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    They both start with S.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    They both start with S.

Self Image has more letters. And one more vowel. But Society has more syllables.

Whooaaaaaaaa...
  • AnthonyX150X
    AnthonyX150X Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I know i may never live up to societies standards of what an ideal male should look like and I'll have to find a way to accept that.

Growing up, I went through a long period where I always had kind of low self confidence in my appearance and my abilities. Kind of hated myself to be honest. Nothing has really changed much since I got older. I'm still working on ways to feel better mentally and more confident

I took note of the health risks associated with being obese, smoking, drug abuse, etc when I started learning more about health and saw what impact that can have on your body. The results are frightening and sad sometimes.

I really want people to be the best version of themselves in the body they feel most comfortable and healthy in, but at the same time not wanting to be in a body society wants them to be in because that's considered "attractive".

I still have my own body goals I'm going to be working towards soon in the near future and am looking forward to the process of changing myself through body, mind and spirit.