Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Best and most accurate fitness watch

I'm looking to get a new fitness watch, I have a polar loop at the moment but don't feel it's very accurate. Any recommendations? Thanks :)

Replies

• TheRambler
    TheRambler Posts: 387 Member
    Do research on Google on the Samsung Gearfit2. It's a very accurate watch and you get a complementary premium subscription to MFP. Samsung Health is great, too.
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Can you give more detail about what features you want and what you will be using if for?

thanks,
  • HomeatWDW
    HomeatWDW Posts: 121 Member
    Garmin has some excellent models, depending on what you want. I have a Vivosmart with GPS that tracks heart rate, sleep, workouts, steps, reminds me to move, lets me know when I have a text... Just about everything but cook my dinner.
  • ha110w33nsp00k
    ha110w33nsp00k Posts: 188 Member
    What smartphone do u have?
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    I love my Garmin, but either it underestimates or I am no good at tracking calories, because the math does not quite add up. The good news is I always lose more than I expect.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    deedee_xox wrote: »
    I'm looking to get a new fitness watch, I have a polar loop at the moment but don't feel it's very accurate. Any recommendations? Thanks :)

Accurate for what?

What type of training do you do, and what makes you think the Loop isn't doing what you want?
  • _NMW
    _NMW Posts: 30 Member
    I mainly run so I have used the Garmin FR35 and FR235 and both were great, but love the advanced features of the FR235
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    I love my Garmin (Fenix 3 HR).

I feel distance measurement for hiking is less accurate than it could be. For skiing, cycling, and running, it's spot on. This encourages me to create waypoints when I hike.

It's very accurate in burn zones, even at hiking speeds:

18182759656_ff37cee0cb_o_d.jpg

Fairly accurate in open spaces in the city, but sometimes with a weird offset:

16740379778_64e84943d1_o_d.jpg

Trees can be a problem, at any speed:

16946250645_6ae32d3f00_o_d.jpg

Buildings can make me look drunk:

16804294359_97a88cba69_o_d.jpg

If you think I'm being unkind, here's the F3 against a 7 year old Edge 800, both of these were recorded at the same time:

16300265123_431a0a91ce_o_d.jpg

16919282671_253b7283be_o_d.jpg

The ancient Edge nailed it.