Back at it- anyone do intermittent fasting?

Options
Just wondering if anyone else does this? I had a baby last June (9m ago) and lost 45lbs. I kept it off December, January and February. I started again at the beginning of this month and I've lost 8 more pounds. I'm doing intermittent fasting and it's working very well for me being a busy mom. I find it simplifies my life because I don't have to stress over my breakfast and lunch. Anyone else?

Replies

• vickyrose94
    vickyrose94 Posts: 39 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I do intermittent fasting as well! So good for the health! I use a nutritional cleansing program for it though. How do you do yours?
  • SydniRease
    SydniRease Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I actually just started it.. I am only on day 3 and you are right, it simplifies things. Congrats on the weight loss, keep up the good work.
  • Jenny_lifechange
    Jenny_lifechange Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    IF is so good. I had been doing fit for a while I stopped and I want to get back on track. I'm such a morning person though I rather not eat in the evening. I would do 16:8 or 18:6
  • mnedelka
    mnedelka Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started IF, and so far, it's going pretty well! Day 3. I am amazed at how hungry I'm NOT for most of the fast, how hungry I become towards the end, and how much less food I want than I would've regularly. I have to force myself to get my daily calories. Love it.
  • amylynn896
    amylynn896 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started today!!! I'm doing 18:6
  • GoShirelG0
    GoShirelG0 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Same here! So good to here other moms are having IF success! I do 16:8 and it totally simplifies my day.
  • leannehathaway1
    leannehathaway1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    So for those that have had success.. how quick are you seeing results? On average what is your loss per week?
    Thx!
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    There have been lots of thread on this recently... they should be pretty easy to find if you browse/scroll through the last few days' posts.

I'll put in my canned response to these types of questions...

I do IF. I typically do a 16/8 split during the week, but weekends can be a crapshoot based on family/kids' events.

IF doesn't do anything special. It's still up to me to eat within my calorie goal, to hit my macros, and eat a generally healthy, balanced diet. IF just gives me a little bit of structure for WHEN I eat, and I like that it lines up well with my normal tendencies/preferences -- I like to eat more later in the day, I like bigger meals and feeling full, and I prefer to workout on an empty stomach.
  • leannehathaway1
    leannehathaway1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    There have been lots of thread on this recently... they should be pretty easy to find if you browse/scroll through the last few days' posts.

I'll put in my canned response to these types of questions...

I do IF. I typically do a 16/8 split during the week, but weekends can be a crapshoot based on family/kids' events.

IF doesn't do anything special. It's still up to me to eat within my calorie goal, to hit my macros, and eat a generally healthy, balanced diet. IF just gives me a little bit of structure for WHEN I eat, and I like that it lines up well with my normal tendencies/preferences -- I like to eat more later in the day, I like bigger meals and feeling full, and I prefer to workout on an empty stomach.

I agree with both of those statements.. it does however help me keep within my calorie range for the day and makes me think less about food or wanting to eat actually... which in the end results in weight loss. I've been stuck losing only 4 lbs since beginning of January.. this week alone with IF I'm down 3 lbs ( I'm aware it's probably mostly water so far but still feels great to finally see the scale going down)
  • gettingready4myboaz
    Options
    What exactly do you do in intermittent fasting and what do you eat?
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    What exactly do you do in intermittent fasting and what do you eat?

There are a bunch of ways to do IF... but essentially it's plan for WHEN you eat. It has nothing to do with WHAT you eat, or even how much you eat. One of the more common variations of IF is 16:8, where you fast for 16hrs and have an 8 hour "feed" window where you can eat.
  • Joe_Cool_Part_Deux
    Joe_Cool_Part_Deux Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have fasted many times in the past a couple times for 21 days with just water.. Recently I was thinking about maybe doing Fasting Fridays ? I've never heard he term intermittent fasting but would like to know more about it..
    I see above where jjpptt2 described 16:8 .. But you don't just pig out for the 8 hours, right ? That would defeat the whole thing ... Oh well . Guess I'll do an search