Future Hot Mamas ~ Group 3

Options
WMJx2.jpg

4nwCT.png

Let's get our introductions and motivations and anything we all want to tell the group. Please include in your first post intermediate and final goals that haven't been included in the above chart, and I will update. This challenge runs from now (July 18) until the end of the year. It is my understanding that our goals for the end of the year serve as the intermediate weight.

Any ideas or requests for how the group should handle weekly, daily, or monthy challenge are welcome of course and I for one would love to participate in bonus challenges.

Replies

• mamaDaisyJ
    mamaDaisyJ Posts: 395
    Options
    So, I'll go first~
    My name is Daisy. I am 35 and I have a 7 year old step daughter and my son is 2 and a half.

She loves to try to workout with me and insists that she wants to do the C25K with me. I think we will wait until the fall though. We live in Oklahoma and it has been triple digits here for 30 of the last 32 days.

My son's favorite activity is our daily bike rides, which have also become less frequent with the increased heat. We have been making it out about every other day, but not long enough to log.

Um, I started on MFP a little over a year ago. Lost 30 pounds and then just slacked off over the holidays, then stressed out, and got lazy, and then came back. Today was my 60th login, but I haven't been super on-track, just consistent. I am hoping that this challenge will help me remember to be awesome :P

Over the next 23 weeks, I would like to lose 35 pounds (or more). I recently injured my heels when I tried to go running without proper running shoes... Don't Ever Do That... but I think I am ready to start back on my Supreme90day workout tomorrow, or at least some Netflix Cardio~
  • mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Me next:) My name is Marcia and I live in Idaho. I have two boys, ages 10 and 8. We are a pretty active family, the boys play all the seasons available-football, basketball, baseball. We live in the country so fishing and rock chuck hunting with the bb gun, horseback riding with the cousins, kayaking, you name it.

I was a college basketball player and have just put on the pounds since my pregnancies. I am tall, so at 6'2", no one ever thought I was overweight. I started my journey April 3rd of this year and found MFP at the end of that month. I am so thankful I did, it has really helped. I made it to my original goal weight about three weeks ago, then family visits, baseball tourneys, and camping threw me off track again. I have two pounds to go to hit where I was. I am aiming for ten more pounds to lose, however-my main goal is to have to be accountable in eating well and working out.

It will be nice getting to know all of you!! My current weight is 184 (181 this morning), IW 177, GW 170. The IW throws me too-why list it if it is where we want to be in Dec.? I thought that was the GW?
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Deb, I have been on MFP for about 2 years now, I lost, gained and had a baby all in that time. I have three kids, 8 yo dd, 3 yo ds and a 4mo ds. They are great and a handful at the same time.

I am a stay at home mom--but am now doing bookkeeping for my husbands construction company. That is keeping me on my toes. I really want to start p90x again and run a 5 k, but need to work myself up to that amount of exercise again.

I have had Gestational Diabetes twice now which makes my chances of type 2 even greater. I want to avoid that and be a better example for my kids. I am currently reading a book called the beck diet solution which does cognitive behavior therapy to change how you react to food. I am such a seefood eater that I really am benefitting from the challenges in the book. I look forward to making changes with all of you!

I am 5'5" if you are curious...

CW 188
    IW 175
    Ultimate goal 140
  • chari2011
    chari2011 Posts: 108
    Options
    Well done girls!
    Just in case here is the captain's kit

Great!

77gwG.png
    Captain Kit
    +++++++++
    Please recruit the Moms in your list by mail. and once having your list done, start a new thread for your group.
    I will send you the Template Files so it can be easier for you. If there is more than one name highlighted, great! you got more help ;) one can do the tables and the other can upload motivational pictures for the group. Emoticons are nice too ;)

I will give you the Word documents and links so you can download them and work from them. I hope is fine.

FILES TO DOWNLOAD:

Sample of my group List : So you can make your own list based on this template
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/x4h1a1

The Whole Team, arranged by similar weight per group.
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/m447fz

IMAGES TO PASTE:

And the images, site to store your images and get the codes: make your account at
    http://imgur.com//

You can see the images I upload in my account of imgur
    http://chari.imgur.com/all/

Upload motivational pictures so you can support your team and please teach them all how to do it.
    Just copy the IMG code for forums and replace the IMG capitals by img lower case , and paste it in your posts.

For the personalized images, Tables of the group I just use Paint, a basic program in windows, just copy the table from word
    with CTRL + Print and paste it into Paint , then crop it and ready to upload to "imgur", and get your code to paste . it's easy. don't forget to change the IMG for img.

I also use Photoshop for personalized figures like the Logo of Hot Moms with the 2 kids.

Chari.

PS: Any question, send me an email
  • helena98
    helena98 Posts: 327
    Options
    Hi Group 3 Moms!

My name is Helen, and I live in Utah. I have 2 kids, ages 5 & 9. I joined this challenge because I realized that the year is already half over, and I have YET to lose the pregnancy weight I put on in 2001. I am sick and tired of starting each new year with the resolution of "lose weight." I love to exercise, but I have a MEGA sweet tooth, which has always kept me from losing my extra weight. Enough is enough! I'm ready to work hard and get results. 2012 will have the resolution of "maintain weight," as I am gonna hit my GW this year!!!

I currently am a stay at home Mom, but I plan to start job-hunting next month. YIKES! Any extra pounds I lose before the interviews start will be a super confidence booster for me.

SW: 199.0
    IW: 182.0
    GW: 165.0
  • sugarlovebug
    sugarlovebug Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Courtney! I am 27, will be 28 August, 24th. I live in Missouri. I have 1 child, Hannah. She will be 2 September 5th. I have been married for 4 years to a wonderful man.

I started this journey almost 3mths ago. My starting weight was 200lbs. I am 5ft9in tall. I started this because I was tired of people asking me if I was pregnant all the time. I had 4 people ask me with in a weeks time, that was my hint I needed to lose weight.

I am down to 185lbs right now, I think. I haven't weighed in 2 weeks, I fell off the wagon over the 4th of July weekend. I am now just getting back on track this week. I am determined to be down to 175lbs by my birthday which is almost exactly a month.

My over all goal is to be at 160lbs, but when I get there if I feel like I need to lose a little more I will. I will not go under 150lbs though. In high school I weight 147lbs and I was starting to look sickly, so I won't go that far again.

I want to be my husbands arm candy not his beached whale!
  • debnu1
    Options
    Mmm Arm candy. Sounds like a great plan to me. We will get there!I have not paid attention but are we doing a challenge between groups?
  • mamaDaisyJ
    mamaDaisyJ Posts: 395
    Options
    Hello everyone :) Waiting for 3 more to post before I update the chart~
    I haven't heard anything about challenges or competitions between groups, but I really like the idea. Could be fun.

Yesterday and today were really close to good days for me. I was over on calories both days, but if I had worked out I would have been covered. I tend to give in late at night, so one of my goals is to get to bed earlier. I usually make it to bed by 2am... trying to bump it back to at least before midnight. If I can get up with my husband ni the mornings, then I can get a workout before the kids wake up to drain all my energy :P

What sort of schedule do you guys work with? I am a stay at home mom, and I know moms that work full time and still get a workout in, but I am still working on it... maybe I just have too much time to choose from lol now that's a laugh~
    It has been in the triple digits for some 31 of the last 34 days or something like that. The weatherman is talking about us hitting 50 days straight in 100s. Sooo... alot of things that were working great for me havent been lately. Like bike rides, dog walks, and trampolining. And gas money has been short, so swimming has been far between. Down to videos, naptimes are not working due to my 7year old not in school. (YET)
    Wow, I just went on a ramble... sorry for that.
  • jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Hi G3!! My name is Rosie, I am a mother to 3 boys, 17, 8 and 6 and of course the hubby and the boy dog.. I am sooo out numbered!! :sad: LoL We currently live in Florida but my heart is in my hometown Chicago!! :heart:

I have been on MFP for 45 days... yay!!! I currently weigh myself on Sunday mornings since it helps to motivate me for the week, but I guess I have to change that for Hot Mamas??? Wait, when is our weigh in day??!!!?

I have been an all around dieter... all around the scale that is!! weighed 140 after my last son was born...and if you add all the weight from all my pregnancies=I weigh more now!!! :sad: sickening isn't it?? *vomit:sick: I started gaining the weight when I started going back to school and staying up late to study and stuffing my face to stay awake. Now I graduated and need to get this chunkiness off!!! Can't wait to start this journey and get to know all of you Hot G3 Mamas!!

Well, enough with the mushy stuff..... Let's start killing some fat cells ladies!!!

SW -196.2
    IW - when should this be since, halfway point?? so like mid October??? 175
    GW- (NYE) 150

*EDIT* yesterday I did Hot yoga for an hour= 937 cals burned!!! I'm still feeling it. Today I did Zumba for 30 mins= 238 cals burned!!!

R.I.P. fat cells!!

334ktoj.jpg
  • helena98
    Options
    Well, ladies, it's time for me to get real with my diet. I let myself go the last three days. First, it was Migraine Monday -- so hard for me to eat clean with a migraine. Next, it was my birthday on Tuesday -- yay! celebrate! forget watching calories! Then it was Who Cares? Wednesday -- just didn't care about ANYTHING. I think I had a protein bar followed by a chocolate bar for lunch. Crazy! So this morning I re-read the "Hot Mom" rules, realized I was breaking rule 1: Stick to your diet, and recommitted myself. Deb, I even went as far as to reserve "The Beck Diet Solution" from my library. It should be available to pick up today.

As far as workouts go, I own a treadmill, elliptical, rowing machine, free weights, and 30+ exercise DVDs. I typically do a cardio workout on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays. Strength workouts on Tuesdays and Fridays. And today, Thursday, is my yoga day. After 3 hard days in a row, I find that Thursday is a good day to S-T-R-E-T-C-H my muscles. My kids are used to me doing these workouts in the morning, some time between 9 and 11, and so they entertain themselves while I workout. With all this equipment at home and older kids (4 & 9) who watch themselves, I really have no excuse, right? Now if I could just get some control over my diet....:blushing:
  • mussmom
    Options
    Yeah! Now we need two more to reply! I am going to send an email to all of you just as a shout out to see how you all are doing. Rosie-love the t-shirt on that guy! So true. I want to share this one with you all, I found it in a motivational section in "Women's Fitness", my friend gave me a bunch of back issues dating from 2008. When you are having a hard time getting through a set of lifts or a tough treadmill, run, elliptical, bike, etc...say this to yourself: "If I don't focus on my *kitten*, no one else will!" LOVE IT:)
  • helena98
    Options
    I have been on MFP for 45 days... yay!!! I currently weigh myself on Sunday mornings since it helps to motivate me for the week, but I guess I have to change that for Hot Mamas??? Wait, when is our weigh in day??!!!?

According to the chart, it looks like our weigh-ins are on Mondays. I guess that's one way to make sure we don't blow it on the weekend, yes?
  • mussmom
    Options
    Well, ladies, it's time for me to get real with my diet. I let myself go the last three days. First, it was Migraine Monday -- so hard for me to eat clean with a migraine. Next, it was my birthday on Tuesday -- yay! celebrate! forget watching calories! Then it was Who Cares? Wednesday -- just didn't care about ANYTHING. I think I had a protein bar followed by a chocolate bar for lunch. Crazy! So this morning I re-read the "Hot Mom" rules, realized I was breaking rule 1: Stick to your diet, and recommitted myself. Deb, I even went as far as to reserve "The Beck Diet Solution" from my library. It should be available to pick up today.

As far as workouts go, I own a treadmill, elliptical, rowing machine, free weights, and 30+ exercise DVDs. I typically do a cardio workout on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays. Strength workouts on Tuesdays and Fridays. And today, Thursday, is my yoga day. After 3 hard days in a row, I find that Thursday is a good day to S-T-R-E-T-C-H my muscles. My kids are used to me doing these workouts in the morning, some time between 9 and 11, and so they entertain themselves while I workout. With all this equipment at home and older kids (4 & 9) who watch themselves, I really have no excuse, right? Now if I could just get some control over my diet....:blushing:

Okay girl-no you DO NOT have excuse! (You need someone to say it to you right?) That said, have you thought about combining the elliptical with the weights, then switching it up every 4-6 weeks? I teach and coach so when school gets rolling, I decided I need to do something three days a week. Elliptical 10 minutes, do two lifts hard for one minute each, elliptical hard one minute--continue through ten lifts to hit all muscles-Repeat. It has worked for me-I have muscles now!! When I get bored, I may do a performance or weight loss level for 30 minutes, then bust through my lifts two times each-like a circuit. Change it up-maybe you are bored with your workouts.

As for the eating-we have all SOOO been there! One day at a time, don't beat yourself up over it. We are all human and that is why we joined this group right???? On a sidenote-you are a stay at home mom??
  • chari2011
    chari2011 Posts: 108
    Options
    Quote of the Day:

"Don't exchange what you want the most for what you want right now!"

1QXKf.png
  • helena98
    Options
    Okay girl-no you DO NOT have excuse! (You need someone to say it to you right?) That said, have you thought about combining the elliptical with the weights, then switching it up every 4-6 weeks? I teach and coach so when school gets rolling, I decided I need to do something three days a week. Elliptical 10 minutes, do two lifts hard for one minute each, elliptical hard one minute--continue through ten lifts to hit all muscles-Repeat. It has worked for me-I have muscles now!! When I get bored, I may do a performance or weight loss level for 30 minutes, then bust through my lifts two times each-like a circuit. Change it up-maybe you are bored with your workouts.

As for the eating-we have all SOOO been there! One day at a time, don't beat yourself up over it. We are all human and that is why we joined this group right???? On a sidenote-you are a stay at home mom??

Nope, not bored with my workouts. I love what I do, and I'm glad I have the equipment at home to do it. I just wanted to reply to Daisy who asked what kind of schedule we work with. I am a stay at home mom, but I also wanted to detail what I do at home for workouts in case anyone was wondering. It's easy for me to put in 6 days of workouts with 1 day of rest. I guess when I said "no excuses," I felt like I should be so much skinnier with my home gym. It's not like I have to join a gym or work around my kids bedtimes and naps to exercise.

My biggest downfall always has been my diet. And when I say diet, I don't mean temporary changes to induce weight loss. I mean "food and drink regularly consumed." I'm slowly coming to terms with my junk food addiction that I have had since I was 12. Now, 25 years later, I recognize that I need to finally overcome it because it will always, always keep me from my goal weight, as well as mess up my body (triglycerides, cholesterol, risk for diabetes & heart disease, you name it!). But just because I know this doesn't mean I make the right food choices. It's sad to realize that I work out so hard every week, only to undo the work by eating poorly every single week. Oh well. One day at a time. Keep on keeping on. And all that jazz....
  • debnu1
    Options
    Helen. You will love the book. I also have an extremely difficult time with my eating. I love sweets and junk food and eat or constantly through the day. I have realized that I need to change my relationship with food before I will be successful. That is where the book comes in. Only to day 13 of the book I already feel as though I have more control over my eating. Mind you I am not perfect but I am making progress and it feels good!! If any of you want to follow neon that journey follow the link in my signature.

I am also a stay at home mom. I was really consistent with exercise until a year ago when I burned myself out trying to do too much and then I got pregnant. I am trying to revamp my schedule but am having difficulty because of a multitude of excuses--I was going to type them out but then realized it was all excuses and I just need to take charge of myself and exercise first thing in the morning as that seems to work best for me. No excuses!!! I just need to jump back on that wagon. I am excited for this group and challenge. I think it is just what I need!!
  • Sherrymyers
    Sherrymyers Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, is there still room for one more I like to join.

I will be 36 in about a week. I have 2 sons, 5 years oldand 8 years old and Im married.

SW 142
    GW 130

thanks
  • jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    "If I don't focus on my *kitten*, no one else will!"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Marcia- I need to get that on a T-shirt!! I love it!!
  • sugarlovebug
    sugarlovebug Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Just to add my schedule. I work full time 7:30 to 4p M-F. I usually walk late in the evenings around 8ish. Once it gets cooler I can walk earlier and longer. I will glad to see a break in this heat!!

all the exercise I get is walking now. I started the Couch to 5k but I injured my leg on week 2 and have been laid up since. I need to get back to it! I am running a 5k in september!
  • lpeacock06
    lpeacock06 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I would like to join also. I joined the ymca in March & have only maintained my weight.....I've built muscle & am happy w/ the way I've toned....BUT I want to get into a bikini again & it just hasn't happened yet!! The only place I can't seem to tone is my belly after 2 wonderful children & after turning 30....I have a boy 4.5 & girl who is almost 3......
    SW: 148
    GW: 125-130