30 day shred question

Options
I will be starting tomorrow and I'm wondering if this is something that a beginner can do. Or do you have to be a person who exercises daily.

Replies

• cocodp
    cocodp Posts: 164
    Options
    This is a great dvd to start off with if you're a beginner. Ease into it on day 1 because if you haven't exercised before you'll feel it the next day. If you do feel sore on day 2 go easier on yourself but try to do it.

You need some hand weights as well. I started off with 5 lbs and did as many reps as I could in the time she gives. If you don't have these cans of soup work as well.

Good luck with this! I'm sure you'll do well :)

:drinker:
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I was a beginner for Jillian too..did my first round in 30 days, and felt great! Ease yourself into it though, these workouts can be tough. They have modified to help you through. :happy:
  • amanda_100283
    Options
    I started it a while ago being 40lbs over weight and not very active. If I had the determination and motivation it would have been just fine. But the first time I felt sore I quit like a big baby. So if you stick with it "Way to go" :-) I hope you have better luck then I did. Maybe I should try again.
  • NatashaJayne23
    Options
    Hey, I started 30ds today and I dont do much exercise! The first 5mins were hard but It got easier quickly. Dont firget its only 20mins so altho its tough keep reminding yourself its only 20mins of your whole day that you feel uncomfortable... That helped for me! Good Luck!!!

Feel free to add me if you want someone to talk to about it as we go on the process! xx
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Just do the best you can do but by the en of the week try to keep up with the expert as much as you can. I was doing jumping jacks when you were supposed to do plank jacks at one point. If you move you burn the calories. good luck it is a great program.
  • lindsay6694
    lindsay6694 Posts: 182
    Options
    it will be hard at 1st but it gets easier!! especially after a few days...and there are modifications you can do. she always has someone for the advanced and an easier version! have fun with it! and what the other girls said...its only 20minutes! about 27/28 with warmup and cool down