I'm eating every 3 hours, down 10lbs in 10 days.

Options
TakishaToledo
TakishaToledo Posts: 3 Member
edited March 2017 in Food and Nutrition
So I've recently taken my "dieting" to a whole new level. My metabolism sucks and being a nurse,mom, and wife who is constantly busy doesn't help. I've started planning my meals ahead of time and using protein bars to assist me (Fit Crunch are my favorite). I'm now eating every 3 hours and the great part is it's working! I've been going strong for 10 days and have lost 10 pounds. I eat at 6am (usually a protein bar), 9am (breakfast), 12pm (lunch), 3pm (snack), 6pm (dinner), and usually another protein bar before bed. I'm eating a lot of protein and veggies. I know everyone is different and this may not work for all of us but I'm excited it's working for me. I will post again in a week and let everyone know if it's still working!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    The deficit is working for you, not the meal structure - eating more often does nothing for your metabolism! If that's what works for you, and helps you stay in a deficit, great!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I also find that eating regularly through the day helps keep me from over eating at the next meal. Eating patterns don't change our metabolism, but finding an eating pattern that helps you control your calorie intake is definitely a good foundation. I hope that you will keep your hope and enthusiasm through the next few weeks. Don't be surprised if your weight loss slows significantly because we often lose water weight in the first few weeks and the following weeks end up closer to our expected rate of loss (1-2 pounds per week).
  • lindafit4life21
    lindafit4life21 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Great information to know thank you
  • jenbeck18
    jenbeck18 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    What kind of protein bar/snacks do you have?
  • TakishaToledo
    TakishaToledo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm using Robert irvines Fit Crunch bars and NuGo slim bars. I've also been eating a lot of fish and chicken. Then at Walmart I found protein chips! They are delicious they had 21grams of protein and only 4 carbs.