Ground beef recipes? Help

Options
yamahaderek
yamahaderek Posts: 3 Member
Hi I have recently started working out and watching what I eat, keeping a close eye on my health and nutrition. I have a freezer full of ground beef, and I can't really find any good healthy recipes to use the meat with. Can anybody tell me some good healthy recipes or where to find some.
Thanks
A learning health nut

Replies

• ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Pinterest.com would be my 1st place to look ....Also allrecipes.com
  • spoonpuppet
    spoonpuppet Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I like making burgers out of ground beef and tofu, or mix ground beef with chopped-up mushrooms for my pasta sauce. Also ground beef with tofu on rice for Mapo tofu is delicious!
    You don't need to use much beef at once to get a beefy flavour. You can bulk it up with tofu or vegetables if you're concerned about fat/calories. When I use ground beef, it's usually 50g per person.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    This website has really good recipes........

http://www.skinnytaste.com/main-ingredient/beef-recipes/

I like this Cooking Light soup......
    http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/stuffed-green-pepper-soup
  • bartemanuel
    bartemanuel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We like ground beef and cabbage. Shred a small head of cabbage. Dice a large onion. Brown 2LB ground beef, reserve. Brown onions. Add back beef and add cabbage. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until cabbage is tender, adding some chicken stock. At the end, add a bit of balsamic vinegar. Serve (your portion depends on your plan) with garnish like chopped scallions or cilantro or parsley.

This freezes well and can be made ahead of time. Good for a quick meal. Add a bowl of salad and a piece of fruit.

You could also spice it up by adding fresh juliennes of ginger with the onions, or cyanne pepper during cooking, or hot sauce when you eat.

• Melionfire
    Melionfire Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Dirty cauliflower rice. Either rice the cauliflower with a grater or processor. Cook and drain ground beef. Add any other vegetable you like. Cook the cauliflower in large skillet for about seven minutes. Add beef and other cooked veggies. throw in between a quarter to half cup of your choice tomato sauce and done. I use olive oil cooking spray to spray the pan. It is very quick and tastes great.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    I cook my mince (ground beef) then drain off all the fat. I consider this then to be about 5% fat (based on the weight of fat I get out). I use it for:
    • Bolognaise sauce
    • Tacos
    • Chilli
    • Stuffed peppers
    • Cottage pie
  • blondie_mfp
    blondie_mfp Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    for more filling and macro-friendly tacos, I like to brown the meat (turkey or beef) and then add a can each of refried beans and tomato sauce with the taco seasoning. it turns out kind of like a thick chili, which you can use for tacos, nachos, burritos, whatever. the beans add lots of fiber, the meat has lots of protein, and the taco seasoning brings the flavor. note that this is NOT a low sodium meal. :wink:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Ragus/bolognese sauce/chilli are healthy and easy to make. Minced beef/pork/turkey is so versatile.

• RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    meatloaf! I add in tiny chunks of veggies- onions, squash and tomato. It's pretty easy to fit a slice of meatloaf in to my daily calories.

also, you can make up meatballs and freeze them so if you need something quick you can make a meatball sandwich.

• Birdygirl15
    Birdygirl15 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    If you like curries, try a kheema. This recipe uses a slow cooker/crockpot, but the dish is very easy to make and cooks in about 30 minutes on the stove top, just add a little more stock. The dish is on the dry side anyway. To keep calories down, I don't use butter to fry off the onion and spices, just the fat that is in the meat, adding stock if it gets too dry in the browning phase. Some kheemas have diced potato in them as well as peas, you could use sweet potato too.
    http://www.cookuk.co.uk/slow-cooker/keema-curry.htm

I make a lot of kheemas, with minced (ground) lamb is yummy too. If your calories allow, eat with chapattis, poppodoms or naan bread - pitta bread even, or perhaps use a soft tortilla wrap. I'm from UK so apologies if my cooking terminology is confusing - I have to translate the American terms sometimes, still not sure what "broil" means :)
  • jlhudsons
    jlhudsons Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Nachos. Count out the chips (Usually On The Border for me) and refer to the calories on the bag. Use a very small amount of seasoned ground beef, low fat cheese, then put in a microwave (on a dish of course) to melt the cheese and then load it up with tomatoes, lettuce, jalapenos, onions, beans, whatever, just measure and keep track of what you put on them. A dollop of low fat sour cream can be added after you put all you want on the nachos. The big thing is COUNT YOUR CALORIES! I have had these in the past with a low calorie margarita mix and just count those calories as well. Yummy.
  • Blubberbuster1
    Blubberbuster1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I usually don't go over board with my meals. I eat 1/2 Cup Rice, 1 Cup Broccoli, twice a day. Some days I will switch out the broccoli for sweet potatoes or asparagus. The meat adder to each those meals is either 6 ounces of Chicken/Ground Beef/Ground Turkey. I add Mrs.Dash no salt added seasoning and what ever I can find that will taste good. And I cook enough for a few days worth. Once I'm ready to eat my lunch/dinner I cut everything up like the broccoli and chicken and I mix everything together. I don't add any sauce really, sometimes I will go with a tbs of bbq sauce, but not often.

I don't get sick of eating this at all, it's so satisfying and tasty.
  • kspirit
    kspirit Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Goulash. Saute ground beef. A can of tomato sauce little , can of diced tomatoes, 1/2 can of water stir. Add cup of small elbow macroni and simmer to reduce brith. Add can mushrooms, 1 or 2 cans green beans drained and some frozen kernel corn. Mix all together. Simmer until broth isn't soupy. Red chili pepper for flavor. Makes big bash. Good to freeze.....
  • kbarrett0701
    kbarrett0701 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I use frontier no salt taco seasoning and mrs dash jalapeño seasoning. Perfect taste.

15482907.png