Breakfast - Tired of the Oatmeal

Options
Schila64
Schila64 Posts: 240 Member
I know there a lots of ideas out there for breakfast ;) . Right now I've been doing Oatmeal for Breakfast for just too long and today when I was about to eat it, I just gagged :s . Could not eat it all. Seems like too many days , same breakfast is just enough. Would like to keep my calories day but with a satisfying breakfast. Any ideas? ;)

Replies

• croftie4
    croftie4 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I now have 2 eggs, chicken sausages, often with bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, rocket.

It's been great so far very filling and because the sausages are chicken the calories aren't too heavy.

Since swooping my breakfast I've actually had better weight loss.
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I'm no help, lol, I have oatmeal today. But yesterday I had a double yolked scrambled turkey egg (my brother raises turkeys) with a little cheese sprinkled on top. The day before I had Great Grains Raisins dates and pecans granola cereal. Another day it was a pre-made breakfast burrito with sausage, eggs, and sautéed peppers. One morning it was leftover carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower from supper before.
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I do veggie scrambles, they are so good. I pretty much add whatever I have- onions, peppers, asparagus, brussel sprouts are my favorite add ins. Cook the veggies in a touch of kerrygold butter and then add 2 eggs. Nom nom nom.
  • HostageCat
    HostageCat Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Eggs with turkey sausage and the Special K cinnamon/brown sugar protein cereal is good.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    I switch it up from eggs & veggies to a yummy shake with fruit and veggies. Sometimes I just do veggies with hummus, sometimes hard boiled egg whites, etc. I just found this recipe yesterday and made one last night, had it for breakfast this morning and it was delish...

One large banana chopped and slightly mashed
    Two hard boiled egg whites chopped up
    Two tablespoons of any kind of nut butter or seed butter (I used PB2)
    Unsweetened coconut flakes
    One medium apple chopped (I used green)
    Handful of blueberries
    Handful of nuts (I used plain raw almonds)
    A dash of chia seed and a dash of turmeric

Mix it all up... it's like a Paleo oatmeal and is incredibly delicious, filling, easy to make and super healthy :smile:
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I also like oatmeal with lots of different fruits. Today I had raisins in it, one time I made pineapple coconut oatmeal, another time peanut butter chocolate oatmeal. I never use the little packets, I always make from scratch. I wonder if strawberry oatmeal would be good? That reminds me, my mom grows lots of strawberries, I cant WAIT for fresh ones!!!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I've been having blueberry or strawberry Greek yogurt and 2 eggs scrambled with 1T milk. Good protein and keeps me full until lunch. Oatmeal is a little more carbs than I'm willing to dedicate to breakfast but ymmv :smile: You might want to try toast or a small bagel with some eggs (instead of the yogurt).
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Eat anything you like. It doesn't have to be a traditional "breakfast food", though there's certainly nothing wrong with that if that's what you want.
  • Schila64
    Schila64 Posts: 240 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Eat anything you like. It doesn't have to be a traditional "breakfast food", though there's certainly nothing wrong with that if that's what you want.
    I'm just trying to keep my breakfast calorie intake below 250 cal
  • Speziface
    Speziface Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is defined by when you eat it, not what you eat. That's why I hit up Subway at oh-dark thirty on a semi-regular basis.

That being said, if you're looking for the more traditional stuff...:

- One or two eggs scrambled with a variety of veggies (and maybe a little deli ham or turkey)
    - Kodiak Cakes makes good just-add-water single-serving muffins and pancakes
    - BLT
    - Turkey or chicken sausage on an English muffin
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Sandwich+milk, or another kind of porridge than oatmeal, always fruit and veg.
  • Ced26Harris
    Ced26Harris Posts: 7 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I had a double protein oatmeal english muffin and 1 egg came to about 220 calories
  • ditditdee
    ditditdee Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I need more protein and healthy fats in the morning than oatmeal can provide, or I end up hungry all day long. I usually have egg & cheese on a whole-grain english muffin, or peanut butter on whole grain toast.
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Schila64 wrote: »
    I'm just trying to keep my breakfast calorie intake below 250 cal

My favorite recently has been a toasted light English muffin topped with about 1/4 of an avocado (about 35g) and a sliced boiled egg. Comes in about 250 cals - less if you just use the egg white.
  • LadyLilion
    LadyLilion Posts: 276 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Virtually every day I have a serving of vanilla greek yogurt (I LOVE the brand Aldi's sells) with Kashi Go Lean (any variety) mixed in (about 1/2 of a serving). Sometimes I add berries. It's filling and gives you plenty of protein for the morning, though it'll be over your calorie goal, topping out at around 300.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread with 1-2 TB natural nut butter, sliced banana, a drizzle of honey, and a sprinkle of cinnamon
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches are about 250 calories, well balanced, and tasty...quick in the microwave, too. A scoop of protein powder in some milk/coffee/chocolate milk/etc... is also quick and low calorie.
  • Lyndonbearsmommy
    Lyndonbearsmommy Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I need to go type food. I eat baked oatmeal cups that you can add fruit or what you'd like to it, hard boiled eggs, turkey bacon, a few slices of deli ham, Greek yogurt with granola in it, egg salad on an English muffin.