this app doesnt use random portioning

Options
I apply random amounts of chicken to home-made sandwhiches HOW THE HELL DO I CALCULATE THAT... Also wtf is a cup A small cup, a Glass ? Who the hell made this useless app

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    weigh the chicken

a cup is a fairly widely used unit of measurement, particularly in the US...
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Do you have a food scale? If so, weigh your chicken in grams and find a MFP database entry for cooked chicken in grams (or create your own in My Foods) and then record how many grams you used. If you don't have a food scale you can use measuring cups but a food scale is easier, more accurate, and doesn't need to be washed after every use.

A cup is a unit of volume measurement. A US cup on nutritional info is 240 ml and a metric cup is 250 ml.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Weigh it.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    :trollface:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Mind. Blown!!!

aia1cpz426u6.gif

Random AF indeed.

brilliant :flowerforyou:
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    lol if your amount of chicken is random then just add random amount of calories under "quick add".
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Wait, MFP is supposed to tell me how much I'm eating? Crap. I've been doing it wrong.

OP you gotta weight it, like everyone here is telling you. And use USDA entries where possible to ensure a higher accuracy of the numbers. Sorry, but you gotta do a little work for it to work.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Mind. Blown!!!

aia1cpz426u6.gif

Random AF indeed.

OMG it really is there.

OP the app is not useless at all.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Just enter "1 Troll (large)". Make sure you use the verified entry.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    There are multiple entries for chicken. Find one that uses weights and weigh the chicken you put on your sandwich.

A cup is a standard measurement device used in cooking in this case- not a drinking vessel.
    https://www.amazon.com/CS-Measuring-Stainless-Steel-Spoons/dp/B01D1QZ8R4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489667098&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=measuring+cups&psc=1
    Weighing food is more accurate anyway. Get a food scale.
  • valerie7999
    valerie7999 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    There are some inaccurate measurements because real members make them for themselves. Use one you understand and that's accurate. Problem solved. And yes to log for this app you have to know the weight or measurement.
  • valerie7999
    valerie7999 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What I do when I use a random amount is guesstimate. Use your common sense by how it looks. So if it's a chicken the size of a deck of cards about 4 oz.