low impact exercise...

Options
I'm wondering if there are any "easy" low impact type videos out there I can get to do at home. My library is a wealth of they can get almost anything for me if I have a name.

I'm after something that doesn't require much, and is I'm guessing low impact as I have arthritis in my knees, and my hips and ankles are always the first to scream bloody murder when I walk. I'd like something that I can do at home when it's just to yuck to go outside, and that when I'm feeling accomplished enough can grow with me.

Anyone have a few good ideas to try? I am new to this but am willing to try most anything.

Replies

• tinliz_e
    tinliz_e Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home videos are nice. She has some 1 Mile ones that are nice and easy, and some more advanced ones. I had ankle surgery so I had to start low, so she's the way to go! No dance moves, just walking in place, side steps, knee lifts and kicks. Keep your feet low to the ground for lower impact, lift them higher on the days you're feelin' perky! :)
  • ritaadkins2002
    ritaadkins2002 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    u could get yoga or do what i do , i also have arthristis in both knees. i usual do richard simmions' dancing to the oldies" even though i can't do the knee bends i just do something else at the time until something on the video i can do., and it works. or if u had wii fit it gots alot of different yoga exercises and others on it. hope this helps.
  • MarlenaLB
    MarlenaLB Posts: 50
    Options
    I know my grandma has arthritis and my aunt has RA. Working out in the pool is a lot easier on them. Water aerobics is the way to go if you have arthritis. It is low impact and doesn't put a lot of strain on your joints .Denise Austin's videos are low implact. I like her personal training system dvd. It is fairly low impact. At first the low impact may be a little hard but she is awesome. A few years ago I did it for 6 weeks and lost 2 pant sizes. I have fibromyalgia and so I started out on this video when I started working out again to build up some muscle and then I will work up to harder ones. I love her videos.