junk food makeovers

Options
hi,

i recently discovered cheeseburger salad, i used ground turkey and must say i hardly noticed the absence of the buns or beef.
i wondered if there are more lightened up versions of these types of food (pizzas, hot dogs, tacos etc...).

thanks.

p.s. also looking for new friends..... if anyone wants to add me.

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    A local chain here (Protein Bar) does a reasonable calorie buffalo chicken salad that I enjoy. You could make something like that.
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I love tossing cauliflower in Buffalo sauce and baking. Dip in ranch and it satisfies my craving for Buffalo wings!

I love cheeseburger salad! I also make a cheeseburger casserole that is lower cal and helps with the bun problem!

Feel free to add me! I post swaps when I can that are lower calorie.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    You can replace heavy cream in any sauce with an equal amount of half & half mixed with cornstarch (about 4tsp per cup of liquid)

You can make a lower fat cheese sauce by making a roux with 3 TB butter and 4TB flour - cook that over med heat until mixture is a very light golden brown then add 2 c. fat free half & half and 8oz shredded cheese. Cook and stir over med-low heat until cheese is melted and sauce is creamy. Add chicken broth to thin if necessary. This make a big batch so you can cut down the recipe size too.

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    You can go on youtube and look up some recipes too
  • kmorrow0712
    kmorrow0712 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I made sweet potato nachos a few nights ago, obviously not crunchy like nachos, but pretty damn good! Oven baked sweet potatoes and cauliflower covered in black beans, some sharp cheddar, add some plain greek yogurt, green onion, jalapeños, and verde salsa on top, voila! If I want to make healthy tex mex-y type stuff I use a lot of chili powder, garlic powder, and pepper, it really brings it along.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,986 Member
    Options
    Mmmm....McDonalds!....wait...
    8k0nloh5wxfv.jpg
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Taco salad

Tacos with tofu and low calorie tortillas

Pizza using flat out pizza crust (120 calories whole pizza crust)

• OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    hi,

i recently discovered cheeseburger salad, i used ground turkey and must say i hardly noticed the absence of the buns or beef.
    i wondered if there are more lightened up versions of these types of food (pizzas, hot dogs, tacos etc...).

thanks.

p.s. also looking for new friends..... if anyone wants to add me.

What is the salad part?