Eating less than 700 calories a day

Options
So I've started tracking on MyFitnessPal over a month ago and I've had a hard time getting to the calorie goal for the day. I eat over three meals a day, I eat a lot of greens, fruits, protein, and snacks. I have tried to up my calorie intake with high calorie foods such as almonds, prunes, even dark chocolate. I can't manage to eat more without feeling nauseous/ sick. Keep the troll comments to yourself, I know eating less than 1200 calories a day is not good for your body. Which is why I'm on here to get tips/help on how to increase my calorie intake without adding unhealthy foods either (fried foods, candy). I posted this on a different topic, but it's always better to hear more advice on it

Replies

• venturagabriela
    venturagabriela Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    So I've started tracking on MyFitnessPal over a month ago and I've had a hard time getting to the calorie goal for the day. I eat over three meals a day, I eat a lot of greens, fruits, protein, and snacks. I have tried to up my calorie intake with high calorie foods such as almonds, prunes, even dark chocolate. I can't manage to eat more without feeling nauseous/ sick. Keep the troll comments to yourself, I know eating less than 1200 calories a day is not good for your body. Which is why I'm on here to get tips/help on how to increase my calorie intake without adding unhealthy foods either (fried foods, candy)
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Have you tried nut butters?
  • andrea4736
    andrea4736 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Do you cook in oil? Cooking veggies in olive oil can help add calories.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods

Have a look at this list and find some options to add into your day.

And nothing wrong with a little treat every now and again - a piece of chocolate or candy may help you fill in your day once you hit all your nutritional targets. You don't get bonus points for eating extra chicken breast and broccoli.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    If i had that little appetite I would eat Dr Joel Furhman's GBOMBS diet. BItter greens, collard, kale, turnip top, watercress. Onions. Mushrooms. Beans. Berries and Seeds to full fill your vitamin allowances and because eaten together they catalyze fighting disease. Perhaps you can plan what you are supposed to eat that day, and put in all out on the counter and half half an orange 2, some fish at 5 and some kale at 8. Have you been checked for an eating disorder?
  • ChefAlexis
    ChefAlexis Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Guacamole, Peanut Butter and Beef
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    can you please open your diary
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter. Ice cream. Pasta. BUTTAH. :) A little goes a long way. I know you want to eat "healthy" but it's about balance and sustainability. It's probably healthier to have a few treats here and there than it is to under-eat long term.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    are you weighing/measuring all foods you're eating?

This.

And also: What was your start weight? Current weight?
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Can you post an example of what you do eat in a day? Good calorie dense foods that won't break a "healthy" diet can include nuts, nut butters, beans and cheese.
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I'd say a trip to your doc may be in order, just to be sure you're not suffering from any medical ailment. Maybe ask him/her for a sample of a healthy diet and calorie goals for what you'd like to accomplish with your body? Good luck :)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    When you say you eat "a lot of greens, fruits, protein, and snacks" what do you mean? How much specifically? Can you provide a sample of what you eat in a typical 700 calories day?