Eating less than 700 calories a day

Options

Replies

• amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Ok you clearly used to eat more. Or else you would not need to lose weight. How about something vetween the two diets.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    So I've started tracking on MyFitnessPal over a month ago and I've had a hard time getting to the calorie goal for the day. I eat over three meals a day, I eat a lot of greens, fruits, protein, and snacks. I have tried to up my calorie intake with high calorie foods such as almonds, prunes, even dark chocolate. I can't manage to eat more without feeling nauseous/ sick. Keep the troll comments to yourself, I know eating less than 1200 calories a day is not good for your body. Which is why I'm on here to get tips/help on how to increase my calorie intake without adding unhealthy foods either (fried foods, candy)

Are you sure you are eating a lot of greens, fruit, and protein. I mean there aren't a lot of calories in veggies, unless you are cooking them in butter or some other fat, but a couple of apples and some protein, and you are going to be at 700 calories pretty easily. I mean you could eat just a cup of cashews throughout the day, and already be at the 700 calorie mark. I would definitely go see a doctor on this one, and try to have a very good log to show them what you are eating.

• PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I can't manage to eat more without feeling nauseous/ sick.

This is not a troll comment. Maybe you should see a doctor, seriously.

• amymbrush
    amymbrush Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try 1/2 an avocado on your salad. Even if you don't like avocado if you mix it in real well you don't notice. It adds calories and healthy fats. Plus, it helps your body get more from the nutrients in the salad. 1/2 an avocado is like 234 calories, but very healthy calories.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Just add fats. Peanut butter, oils, nutella (my fave lol) How come you have weight to lose if you struggle to eat 1200? Weird
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,991 Member
    Options
    I want to know how the OP made two posts, but her post count is 1.

Hm. I think just eat more frequently and add in oils (like everyone says.) But yeah, see a doctor and don't get all stressed out about "healthy foods." Trying to assign value to inanimate objects is kind of not useful to you if you can't even eat. Eat what you like that will get you to your goals.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    fascha wrote: »
    Just add fats. Peanut butter, oils, nutella (my fave lol) How come you have weight to lose if you struggle to eat 1200? Weird

To be fair, weight loss was never mentioned as the goal. And in defense of that not everyone is here to lose weight (though many are) some people are using it as a tool for fitness, or even weight gain.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Sometimes if I eat food that's too clean I feel nauseous. I know it sounds crazy but going from greasy fast food to super clean food makes me feel nauseous too. I dont' know why, but it def happens. Are you trying to eat squeaky clean?
  • TheRambler
    TheRambler Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    You need to get used to eating more. It's a process. I was the same way!! When I started I struggled hitting 1400 calories. It's easy to make it work, you just have to introduce foods into your diet that don't "seem" healthy to you.

Your brain is trained to think "FAT BAD".. introduce healthy fats into your diet and you will hit your calories and good fats into your system.
  • DaniCanadian
    DaniCanadian Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Raw veggies tend to make me feel sick. If you need more calories, try frying them with oil. Or even add a creamy dressing to your salads. Add some higher fat proteins. There's lots of ways to reach a calorie goal.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    What about some carbs? A bit of rice, pasta, potatoes or bread will fill in that gap and maybe help the nausea. I know I personally don't react well to protein and fat without carbs, it makes me feel a bit weird. And potatoes in particular (whether normal potatoes or sweet potatoes) are very nutritious in terms of vitamins and minerals.
  • venturagabriela
    venturagabriela Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    are you weighing/measuring all foods you're eating?

I measure all of my food and add them up, sometimes even adding more just for the extra calories through the day
  • venturagabriela
    Options
    If i had that little appetite I would eat Dr Joel Furhman's GBOMBS diet. BItter greens, collard, kale, turnip top, watercress. Onions. Mushrooms. Beans. Berries and Seeds to full fill your vitamin allowances and because eaten together they catalyze fighting disease. Perhaps you can plan what you are supposed to eat that day, and put in all out on the counter and half half an orange 2, some fish at 5 and some kale at 8. Have you been checked for an eating disorder?

I used to binge eat a lot throughout my earlier teen years to the point I was physically ill, it's only been a few months with the start of college that I've started to eat more often and with better choices. Oddly enough I eat less now. But thank you for the tips, honestly.
  • venturagabriela
    Options
    can you please open your diary

Is there a way to make it public on the app?
  • venturagabriela
    Options
    avocados
    Full fat dairy
    nut butters

You should probably see a doctor if eating above 700 calories makes you feel sick.

Definitely this, a severe loss of appetite is a big warning sign for many medical conditions I would seek out a medical professional, especially if you're at risk of malnutrition, I promise this isn't a troll post but genuine concern. xxx Take care.

I am starting to get concerned about other health problems that I am also feeling. Thank you
  • venturagabriela
    Options
    are you weighing/measuring all foods you're eating?

This.

And also: What was your start weight? Current weight?

I haven't weighed myself at all, the only representation I have of my weight loss is the drop in sizes but it's not major (size 8 to 4) if that helps
  • venturagabriela
    Options
    Can you post an example of what you do eat in a day? Good calorie dense foods that won't break a "healthy" diet can include nuts, nut butters, beans and cheese.

I'll have a 28 oz smoothie (banana, almond milk, berries, matcha powder), Frosted Flakes.. which I know isnt the best, my dinner usually consist of chicken/shrimp/salmon with a very large serving of broccoli,carrots, spinach, just vegetables really. And towards the night a cup of fruit, maybe granola. I also snack on almonds and prunes throughout the day.