Lost 25lbs thanks to Fitbit and Myfitnesspal

Options
jzd2bvnyp9ig.jpg

I should take an updated progress picture as I am 3 more pounds less than the photo on the right. But 25lbs down! I finally hit my goal of being 120. However, I recently read an article about how the best way to lose weight is by weights (instead of cardio).

I lost almost all of my weight due to cardio. Only recently (within the last month) I started focusing on weights. If I could do it all over again I would focus on weights from the beginning! The article mentioned that cardio made you more of a "skinny fat" and that is exactly how I feel. Sure many parts of my body has shrunken in size, but I still look and feel "fatty." I think if you focused mostly on weights you might be able to avoid this.

So for now, that is my plan. To focus on weights and strengthen all of my body. Once I see progress on that I will update :)

Ps my biggest suggestion: TAKE PICTURES! Take LOTS of pictures. I honestly didn't feel like I looked any different, like I thought I looked a little bit different from when I first started (and really I only noticed the weight change in my face and being more comfortable in clothes).. but when I went back and actually found a photo of myself at my biggest (the photo on the left) I was SHOCKED. I couldn't believe there was so much change. I make sure I take pictures of every angle now so I can always motivate myself and feel better when there is even a slight change.

Replies

• irontempo
    irontempo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well done and looking awesome. I'm also a big fan of fitbit and mfp ☺
    I don't have a lot of time for much cardio, but try to get in some bodyweight training each day as I like what it does to my shape and I think its a bit more fun
  • cpbendall
    cpbendall Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That's awesome progress!! Well done
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great progress, way to go!
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    WTG!