When is your favorite time to workout?

Options
Apryl546
Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
Mine is at night. When everyone is asleep, so I can't be bothered.
I'd like to start working out in the mornings.. but I can't get myself to do it because I fear my family with bother me in the middle of it.

Replies

• dreamangel18105
    dreamangel18105 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I prefer to hit my workouts early in the morning before everyone is awake. I like the feeling of getting it finished and not having to worry about it for the rest of the day. However, with workouts on my schedule right now that are over an hour long, it's hard to fit that in without waking up at 4am. So I try to do the 60 minute or less workouts before I leave for work every morning, and the longer ones right when I get home. That way I'm not tempted to take a nap or be lazy :)
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    My best time to workout is early in the morning before everyone wakes up. Plus I've found the gym to be a peaceful place at 4am, too.
  • marquesajen
    marquesajen Posts: 641
    Options
    As I'm on the east coast and we're in a heat wave I exercise in the evening/night indoors if it's just too bad out. When it's not deathly hot out I usually exercise in the afternoon to evening.
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I prefer in the evening but today did a boxercise class in the afternoon. I go to exercise classes now and only use the gym for weigh training so it's whenever the classes are. I don't mind too much in the afternoon though, just depends on whether I'm working or not as to when I can go.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    My favorite 2 times. Early in the morning. And directly after work. I don't like late evening workouts, makes it hard to schedule dinner around working out plus makes it harder to get relaxed for bed.
  • Ruthy420
    Ruthy420 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I PREFER TO WORKOUT IN THE MORNINGS. THING IS I LIVE IN MIAMI AND TEND TO DO THE 9AM BOOTCAMP, WHICH IS OUTSIDE AND VERY HOT & HUMID. DON'T MIND THE LATE AFTERNOON EITHER, IT'S A LOT COOLER, BUT MY DAY DRAGS IF I DON'T TAKE CARE OF EXERCISE IN THE AM, LOL.
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    On the weekends, first thing in the morning. It's after work during the week. I'd like to workout in the a.m. before work, but I don't want to get up any earlier than I already do.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    definitely prefer mornings or early afternoon.
    my kids like working out with me (6 and 3 1/2 years old).
  • AshleyNRi
    AshleyNRi Posts: 33
    Options
    I like the afternoons. They gym is TOO BUSY in the evening. I went in the late evening last night and there were a bunch of creepy dudes....
  • DallasEl
    DallasEl Posts: 54
    Options
    I go to the gym directly from work at 4pm. I think of it as part of my work day. Have found it a great way to stay commited.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I love working out around 8pm or 9pm. That's when I feel my best for exercise!

During the school year, I must get up early and do it, otherwise it won't get done. Yeah, I'm dreading that... but I did it last semester, I can do it again!
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    early mornings before the kids get up, as i then have the whole day to give them my full attention rather than spending the day obsessing that i need to workout...unfortunately i'm not a morning person and my daughter has a sleep disorder so i don't get much sleep so anything before 8am feels like the middle of the night for me
  • drygravytrain
    drygravytrain Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have been working out around 11 at lunch time, which is nice i dont have to get up early and I dont have to worry about it taking time in the afternoon.

It also helps that there is a gym at my work...
  • newdanifit
    newdanifit Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am not a morning person but I do prefer to get the work out done/over with first thing.. which means I am usually at the gym by 7:15am on week days or a bit later (i sleep in) on weekends.

I used to go at night after work but its too busy, hard to find parking and have to wait to get on cardio or weights. meh
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    right around... never.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I work out first thing in the morning... before my brain realizes what my body is doing! LOL
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    After work, a lot more flexible early morning and pepped up from running around like a maniac during the day
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    About an hour after I wake up! If I don't do it then, I start to lose motivation throughout the day. :)
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I like working out on my lunch break or at night best. I am not much of a morning person. However, I will be going to school full time in the fall in addition to already working full time. I am going to need to adjust and start doing mornings then, which I have done before.