Terrible Headaches

bat4b
bat4b Posts: 4 Member
Hey everyone! I'm new to MFP but I'm having a few issues. I'm eating 1300 calories a day and have been working out. I have had a terrible headache since last night that I cannot get to go away, even with taking medicine. I have increased my calories a little more today, to see if maybe my head was hurting because I didn't eat enough calories. Could it possibly be my water intake? I worked out really hard yesterday- about 2 hours at the gym.

Replies

• lbee0030
    lbee0030 Posts: 61 Member
    maybe 1300 Cal is too low, especially if you are working hard at the gym. try increasing to 1500 and see if that improves your headache situation
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Have you eliminated or cut back on your caffeine intake? Have you drastically lowered your salt intake AND upped water? That could be playing havoc with your electrolytes and causing issues.

~Lyssa
  • LonsyBoy
    LonsyBoy Posts: 72 Member
    Water intake needs to increase! I have the worse headaches on low water, even sleeping i sweat a lot and wake up hurting haha have water next to your bed at night and if you wake up just grab it and fill up
  • bat4b
    bat4b Posts: 4 Member
    macgurlnet wrote: »
    Have you eliminated or cut back on your caffeine intake? Have you drastically lowered your salt intake AND upped water? That could be playing havoc with your electrolytes and causing issues.

~Lyssa

I have noticed that if I drink a cup of coffee I get bad headaches as well!
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    I found that I was tensing up my shoulders, not only while working out but the entire time I was sore too. If I focus on not tensing I don't get headaches anymore