Time to dance again...today is the start

Options
twink44
twink44 Posts: 34 Member
I am new to the online community. Eager to support and listen and share my experience with y'all. I lost 50 lbs in 2007 and have gradually gained back 10 pounds a year. I will turn 60 this year and want to lose about 30 pounds before my birthday in December. Help!!!!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Log your food in before you eat it. I log the day before to make sure it fits into my goals. It's like a puzzle. I have made it a hobby, to try beat the numbers and eat a lot of food. No processed or fast foods though. If I do I kiss the day goodbye.
  • annie1396
    annie1396 Posts: 3
    Options
    I noticed that your "tag" is "time to dance again." If you enjoy dancing, you would probably enjoy taking a Zumba class. Search for one in your area. It's a great way to dance your way to your goal! Best wishes on your journey!!!
  • HulaChic
    HulaChic Posts: 47
    Options
    Hello Twink! Welcome!! I agree with dis06 about logging food before eating it ~ I have found this most useful in keeping myself on track. Feel free to add me as your friend.
  • twink44
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion. I just saw Zumba on a morning news show. I am about to join a local gym. Working out is something I love, getting stronger, fit - but I need a place. Whenever I think I'll do it at home. . . well, I usually end up mopping the floor instead or doing some work in my home office. I will definitely check into the Zumba - I think there's one close.
  • twink44
    Options
    I will definitely uses the mobile app I downloaded on my phone. It is a much better approach than I think I ate about ... number of calories. That's how I gained back 30 pounds.