Meals

Options
Any ideas on what to eat for all 3 meals??? Just wanting some others as are having the same constantly??

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    What did you eat before? What do you enjoy?
  • sophiewillicombe
    sophiewillicombe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Salads pastas wraps etc just the normal really just with healthier things in them
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Plug your daily calories in this planner: https://www.eatthismuch.com/
    Different ideas pop up every time you re-generate

Breakfast - I switch off between oatmeal (made with milk for protein) chopped nuts for fat, cinnamon and splenda. Home made egg McMuffins (1 egg+1 egg white) on a high fiber English muffin with 2% cheese. Greek yogurt parfait with berries, Fiber One cereal, and chopped nuts.

Lunch is salads with grilled chicken, sandwiches, soups, frozen dinners.....generally a veggie and fruit side. Today was cottage cheese, pineapple fruit cup, wheat thins and carrot sticks.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Some recipes I've found delicious on Pintrest -
    protein pancakes
    turkey burger casserole
    mexican bowl
    healthy pasta bake
    chicken stir fry
    protein cheesecake
    egg in a burger
    baked sweet potato fries
    over night oats
    turkey meatballs
    meatloaf muffins

Enjoy and good luck
  • andrewq6100
    andrewq6100 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    my favorite go to meals are Chicken, Rice, Veggies / or Chicken corn rice with wheat wrap / Ground beef, rice, veggies.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I usually do smoothies or overnight oatmeal for breakfast, lunch a lot of the time is Ezekiel bread with a wedge of laughing cow cheese and an egg or if my sweet tooth is acting up I like the Cinnamon Raisin Ezekiel bread with nut butter and an extra dash of cinnamon. Eat both with some veggies. I also make homemade bento boxes with meat, cheese, fruit, veg, and some nuts/seeds.
    Dinner I have a huge variety but usually has a meat and lots of veggies.
  • Blubberbuster1
    Blubberbuster1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    The key and the most important thing is sustainability.
    What might work for me below, might not work for you.

What helps me stay on track is having a few options for lunch and dinner, and a set-in-stone breakfast Monday to Friday.

Breakfast:
    I make over night oats on Sunday, enough for breakfast Monday to Friday.
    No hassle, I get home from the gym at 6:45am shower, and eat breakfast, out the door at 7:15.

Brunch:
    2 Hard Boiled Eggs (I make 15 at a time, keep in fridge)

Lunch:
    1/2 Cup Rice
    1 Cup Broccoli
    6oz of either Chicken/Ground Beef/Ground Turkey
    Chickpea Salad

Dinner:
    1/2 Cup Rice
    1 Cup Broccoli
    6 Oz of either Chicken/Ground Beef/Ground Turkey
    Chickpea Salad

Sometimes I replace the Broccoli for Sweet Potatoes or Asparagus.
    Sometimes I'll by wraps/tacos and eat my dinner on the wraps/tacos, just add salsa, cheese, etc.

• CaptainHandsome
    CaptainHandsome Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I usually do smoothies or overnight oatmeal for breakfast, lunch a lot of the time is Ezekiel bread with a wedge of laughing cow cheese and an egg or if my sweet tooth is acting up I like the Cinnamon Raisin Ezekiel bread with nut butter and an extra dash of cinnamon. Eat both with some veggies. I also make homemade bento boxes with meat, cheese, fruit, veg, and some nuts/seeds.

Explain "overnight oatmeal" for the class... (well, for me, but others might be interested also)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Explain "overnight oatmeal" for the class... (well, for me, but others might be interested also)

I'm not a fan personally, but it's worth a shot

http://www.skinnytaste.com/skinny-overnight-oats-in-jar/

http://www.skinnytaste.com/skinny-pumpkin-overnight-oats-in-jar/

http://www.skinnytaste.com/overnight-oats-with-figs-and-honey/
  • Blubberbuster1
    Blubberbuster1 Posts: 265 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

not sure if you can see my log but I have it every morning. no cooking needed, just add ingredients, shake, let it soak into the oats, eat cold next morning.
  • samuelgina91
    samuelgina91 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I eat everything and anything but I tweak and rework recipes for all my meals. Right now I am doing a lent so no meats other then seafood. That along with veggies with grains and bread compose my current diet plan... like today's lunch was frosted mini wheats 21 biscuits with 1% milk. I enjoyed it, and it comes up to 250 calories. Tonights dinner will be a chapathi (72cals), with Indian fish curry (with coconut milk) (if I eat the fish, based on size, between 200-250 cals) some kind of vegetable side with coconut flakes (50), and a tablespoon of plain yogurt(30). This morning for breakfast it was 1/3 cup oatmeal (75cals) with sesame oil (25cal), salt/chili/pepper, and a boiled egg. Tomorrow it will be light rye bread with jam on one and a fried egg on the other. If I am very hungry, lots of water, and put the fried egg on salad (spinach, jalapeno, grapes, tomatoes, red onion, and half an avocado) seasoned with ground chia seeds, pepper and salt. The avocado makes it creamy, salt and pepper for taste, the jalapenos and grapes work really well together so it isn't bland and awful.
  • WafaeGettingFit
    WafaeGettingFit Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is usually a protein bar since I am always on the go. sometimes It's microwaved oats with fruit.

I meal prep often as it saves my kitten during work days. It's usually some type of protein (chicken breast or ground turkey), carbs (rice or sweet potatoes), and leafy green vegetables (Brussels sprouts are my favorite). I tweak it each week with different spices combination for flavor.

I snack often too, rice cakes with peanut butter, Greek yogurt, toast with a laughing cow cheese wedge.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,737 Member
    Options
    If you haven't, consider oven-roasting a big batch of veggies. They have a different (richer) flavor than steamed or raw. Make lots, put leftovers in the fridge, then use them in your wraps & salads (or re-heat) while they last, to give things a new spin.

Consider some soups or stews. You can use canned tomatoes, vegetable juice, pureed veggies (like winter squash, white beans, or sweet potatoes) as a base, thinning with broth to the right consistency, and add some veggies/meat you like, plus perhaps some herbs or spices. Heat and eat - low cal, nutritious, filling.

Mini-pizza made on Ezekiel or other whole-grain tortillas are a tasty alternative to wraps, or put pizza-style toppings on slabs of sweet pepper or eggplant. Enchiladas or tacos with your favorite filling can vary the routine, too (I especially like black beans & sweet potatoes in these).

Consider some make-aheads for the freezer, like breakfast burritos, or oatmeal cups/egg cups/mini-frittatas a.k.a. breakfast muffins. Here are a few example recipes, but you can Google or search Pinterest & find infinitely many:

Sweet Potato Breakfast Burritos
    Quinoa Egg Breakfast Muffins
    Oatmeal Cups

Another possibility is a hearty pie you can eat for multiple meals (and possibly freeze leftovers if you wish). It doesn't have to be a pastry crust:
    Sweet Potato Crust(for quiche as shown or any other meat/veg kind of pie you like)

Just a few thoughts. If these look alarmingly vegetarian, that's because I'm veg. But you can add meat or fish where it makes sense, if you eat those.