OMG, What's a Calorie??

Options
Hi Everyone,

So I was one of those 'Skinny *****es'with a super hot bod that used to stop traffic...you know...one of those women that now I love to hate :) Never cared what I ate - McDonald's, Ice cream whatever and never gained a pound.

Here's what happened...

6 Years ago I broke me back in a car accident and it took a long time to recover - I'm sparkly fine now (and sail all the time) but no more high impact exercise for me which I find very difficult because I love high impact - used to cross country run (for myself-not competitively).

5 years ago I met the man of my dreams (he still is) and he loves to cook (good thing 'cause I can't) His ideal meal goes something like this...home made pasta, heavy cream sauce with LOTS of cheese, home made olive loaf, and creme brulee for dessert.

5 years ago I started working online from home...10 second commute.

Just turned 40 and going to lose this extra 30 pounds and whip myself into shape!

Looking for friends who can relate - and anyone else who wants to say hi! I make one hell of a cheerleader!

Amy

Replies

• momsoup
    momsoup Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

So I was one of those 'Skinny *****es'with a super hot bod that used to stop traffic...you know...one of those women that now I love to hate :) Never cared what I ate - McDonald's, Ice cream whatever and never gained a pound.

i was too once upon a time... :(

not quite the same story tho. mine started when i got pregnant and thought you honestly had to eat for two! lol

but anyway, add me if you would like. :) would always love to have more friends!
  • emmaNEEDSskinny
    Options
    whats the first bit about? and the topic name lol
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Glad to hear that your back is better, how scarey! I understand about how easy it is to gain weight and how hard it can be to lose it; however, it's possible and you CAN lose those pounds that you want to lose! Please feel free to add me if you like :smile:
  • prettybrownround
    prettybrownround Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Lol, this was me in me as a teenager and my early to mid twenties.

Feel free to add me for support..I just met my goal of losing 29lbs (and still counting) on 7/2/11.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Here's what happened...

6 Years ago I broke me back in a car accident and it took a long time to recover - I'm sparkly fine now (and sail all the time) but no more high impact exercise for me which I find very difficult because I love high impact - used to cross country run (for myself-not competitively).

5 years ago I met the man of my dreams (he still is) and he loves to cook (good thing 'cause I can't) His ideal meal goes something like this...home made pasta, heavy cream sauce with LOTS of cheese, home made olive loaf, and creme brulee for dessert.

5 years ago I started working online from home...10 second commute.

Just turned 40 and going to lose this extra 30 pounds and whip myself into shape!

Looking for friends who can relate - and anyone else who wants to say hi! I make one hell of a cheerleader!

Amy

I am 43 and lost 32 pounds to date. Sounds like we have a few things in common sans the car accident and running thing. LOL! Oh... and my husband doesn't cook. I was a cheerleader at one time though! Feel free to send me a request for support. If nothing else, I offer some comic relief throughout the day. :D
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome, welcome. Glad to hear you're on the mend and ready to work on those extra pounds. If you stick with it I'm sure you'll soon lose that amount. I'm fionat29 if you want to add me, we're a very supportive group.
    Loads of ideas and recipes,come join us all! :flowerforyou:
  • sherrysheffer
    sherrysheffer Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i was stuck in a size 14 for the longest. then I got rid of my exhusband (stresser of bad carbs and colesterol) then after a month of getting my head straight I got busy on me. A yr later i was a unhealthy size 4. Long story short today I am with the man of my dreams and im a healthy size four. The trick is a strick diet that i follow with my husband and the gym. though it sucks that the last 2 weeks the gym has been closed. However, I just finished a 3mile power walk to make room for dinner. My Husban is a gormae chef. sorry for the mis spelling!:drinker: :drinker: