Lunch ideas

Options
What does everyone eat for lunch? I typically bring left overs from dinner to reheat but I feel like they are always subpar after I microwave them.

Replies

• Spawnkill69
    Spawnkill69 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Protein powder, fiber, and lite salt
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Well today was fresh snap peas, hummus, low sodium tuna, and a small wheel of Babybel gouda. I typically bring things I don't have to heat. But it's easier for me because I may get pulled away from my desk and hate when reheated food gets cold.
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Soup. Soup tastes fine microwaved. I'll make a big batch and freeze in lunch-sized servings.
    Frozen meals (lean cuisine, etc)
    Salad-in-a-mason-jar (also made up by the batch in advance)
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Salads, yogurt, tuna, cheese, crackers, raw veggies, eggs, soup.

As an example, today is a salad from trader Joe's, a cheese stick, a hard boiled egg, and a snack bag of smart food delight popcorn.
  • susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I do mason jar salads on Sunday, enough for the whole week. I do soup or leftovers on occasion too.
  • andrewq6100
    andrewq6100 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    6 oz chicken 4 oz rice 5 oz broccoli nothin fancy
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I found these great meal to go bags at the store (called Ready Chef Go) - you can either buy them made (my store does both fish and chicken with veggie and some compound butter for flavor) - or you could make your own
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I typically have a sandwich, dinner leftovers or salad.

I'm having leftover lentil soup for lunch today. It tastes the same as it did last night.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    lately I've been going to Wendy's for a large chili. It's 310 cals, 20-something of protein and 2$; all around win when I'm at work tbh
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Last week was baked chicken with broccoli and garlicky mashed sweet potatoes. This week was shrimp sautéed with garlic with some sweet chili sauce and zucchini noodles. I meal prep for the week and just pull it out of the fridge and reheat. No fuss, no muss.
  • SweetP27
    SweetP27 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    This week I made burrito bowls. They were really good. Took about an hour to prep/cook/package everything on Sunday. (This doesn't include the time I let it sit to cool down.)
  • whoffmann
    whoffmann Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Salads, dressing on the side works at most places. I like Rubio's for that. Even Panda Express is a viable option if you substitute steamed veggies for rice/noodles. Teriyaki chicken or other lower-cal entrees.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of salads because I enjoy them and they are filling and low calorie. I also like the flat out 90 calorie wraps and will do lots of different types of wraps.

I also eat out at subway more often than I should, because of money not because of weight loss!