Options
:happy: I am one of those that try every fad diet with short success. I know the things that I need to do to be successfull but always fall short. I think that by keep track of what I eat and the times I exercise will be the key. I get really depressed during my cycle, I'm sure the women out there understand, anyway when I get depressed during that time I don't want to do anything but come home and lay on the bed and watch tv. What is it that some of you do to get yourself to exercise when you feel like this?

Replies

• sunflower
    Options
    :happy: I am one of those that try every fad diet with short success. I know the things that I need to do to be successfull but always fall short. I think that by keep track of what I eat and the times I exercise will be the key. I get really depressed during my cycle, I'm sure the women out there understand, anyway when I get depressed during that time I don't want to do anything but come home and lay on the bed and watch tv. What is it that some of you do to get yourself to exercise when you feel like this?
  • lovelylady
    Options
    Hi there. Wow, I am feeling that way right now. During my time, I seclude myself from family and friends. I've pretty much slept this weekend away and when I'm awake, all I do is eat. I just finished off a bag of oreos. I'm a newbie on this site and am determined to get to my goal. But I really do hate this time of month!!! I'm going to have to find another outlet during this time.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    hey and welcome!

I'm the same way w/ the fads and this tracking is really amazing and I'm so motivated....its not restrictive at all and that is key w/ me! lol

um during that lovely time when I'm sooo defensive and usually an emotional eater I will now keep busy....the more I lounge the more I want food for comfort...it I'm busy, I stay away from it....w/ very active 7 yr old I don't get to lounge much anyway but I know where you were comin from!

I hope you find luck here and can get through those times w/ out too much trouble!
    take care!
    Ali :flowerforyou:
  • sunflower
    Options
    lol, thats funny I also had oreos tonight along with sunflower seeds and a large glass of very sweet tea. Ok starting Monday I'm back on board and am gonna do this, thanks!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you.......during the monthly visit I tend to slow down my workouts, but still try to fit them in, I feel better for it!
  • babyhippo
    Options
    Maybe you need to find a exercise or walking buddy.
    I use to use the excuse that it's too cold to go for walks. But, I decided, That's what hat and mittens were invented for. Find someone who will bundle up and go with you.