Foodies?

avadahm
avadahm Posts: 111 Member
I know a lot of people here are focused on workouts and calorie goals, but do we have any serious foodies? I would love to read some diaries (and friend some folks) who love cooking tasty food as much as making a nutrition impact with workouts.

Replies

• annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    I cook a lot. I like food that tastes good. I'm not sure my diary helps, THAT much as it just lists recipe titles, but it might give you some ideas. This was dinner last night, and it was so good. SO GOOD. I added mushrooms and they may have been the best part.
    https://cafedelites.com/2016/05/16/sheet-pan-chili-lime-salmon/

I don't know if I'm a "serious foodie", but I want my meals to taste good.
  • stelly76
    stelly76 Posts: 120 Member
    Serious. Foodie. Here. That's how I got into this mess. Now I'm better at planning my meals and activities so that when I partake in serious food and wine, I'm at least maintaining that week and not gaining (or gaining so little that it doesn't really matter). I also refuse to eat anything that I don't enjoy, so I agree with @annacole94 - I want my meals to taste good! Also, portion control helps A LOT when partaking, though it's more difficult to portion control the wine, I must admit.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    I love food and trying new recipes; I watch videos and PBS programs and read blogs about cooking, and cook mostly from scratch :smile: I also work FT and have kids, so I don't get to do any of that as much as I'd like to right now!
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    I am a serious foodie - Love food, love health etc, never stopped loving food, just making different (and more awesome) choices
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Love food, just not fond of making it (not the food that's "healthy" and that I can't eat most of it in one shot).
  • avadahm
    avadahm Posts: 111 Member
    annacole94 wrote: »
    I cook a lot. I like food that tastes good. I'm not sure my diary helps, THAT much as it just lists recipe titles, but it might give you some ideas. This was dinner last night, and it was so good. SO GOOD. I added mushrooms and they may have been the best part.
    https://cafedelites.com/2016/05/16/sheet-pan-chili-lime-salmon/

I don't know if I'm a "serious foodie", but I want my meals to taste good.

Mmm that recipe looks amazing! I'll have to try more salmon. My daughter is anti-fish most days. She only eats "grandpas fish" -the ones grilled with the head and eyes intact haha
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    I'm afraid my kids don't appreciate my cooking efforts most of the time. I keep trying, but they often prefer peanut butter. Sigh.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    I love cooking when I have the time, but even when the diary shows the individual ingredients (for something I threw together just one serving of) as opposed to a recipe that I've logged, I'm not sure if you'd always be able to tell what I made with it :smile:

I sketched out a couple of recipes (both vegetarian, as it happens, although I'm an omnivore) in my MFP blog back in the days when I actually tried to post to it every once in a while. If they sound like things you'd enjoy eating, feel free to add me, and if you see ingredients in my diary that sound good but you can't figure out what I did with them, feel free to ask. :-)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    I love to cook and enjoy making new dishes all the time, especially spicy ones :smile: however I no longer log my food on here as I've been at maintenance for 4 years...
  • JacquiH73
    JacquiH73 Posts: 124 Member
    edited March 2017
    I don't obsess over food and post pictures of my meals all over facebook, but since MFP is diet and exercise related I'll sometimes share pics and links to recipes I try that came out good. My guy and me are also big restaurateurs. We like to eat good food from mostly small independently owned restaurants that locally source. In my area we have some great farm to table restaurants with really talented chefs and enjoy eating out from time to time.

As I'm trying to lose weight I cook a lot more at home. With the exception of occasionally cooking eggs (of which I often get fresh from a friend's hen house) I cook mostly plant-based. Even though I'll occasionally eat meat or dairy at a restaurant you won't find me cooking with either. My meals are purposely crafted to consist mainly of wholefood plant based ingredients using little to no processed ingredients and I strive to make everything taste really good.

So if you're curious about plant-based vegan friendly meals or you want ideas on delicious ways to incorporate more fruits, veggies and whole grains into your diet feel free to send me a friend request and add me to your feed.
  • AgidGirl
    AgidGirl Posts: 138 Member
    annacole94 wrote: »
    I'm afraid my kids don't appreciate my cooking efforts most of the time. I keep trying, but they often prefer peanut butter. Sigh.

I have 1 kiddo like this. It's a serious struggle. My rule for him is that you have to eat the small portion I give you and if you like it you can have more, if you don't like it you can eat fruit or veggies instead. Needless to say he eats an apple, banana, orange, celery and sweet peppers for dinner most nights LOL!

Sometimes I'm surprised by what he likes though. For example, he loves any kind of fish (including sushi). Kids are crazy!! ;-)
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Maybe check out the recipe forum.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    I am a definite foodie. It helps because I love experimenting with flavors and different food combinations. Just because it is "healthy" doesn't mean it is bland and flavorless. Luckily all my kids are foodies too. We went on an extended family beach vacation and my nieces and nephews were all eating chicken nuggets almost every day, My kids were enjoying the fresh seafood that was locally caught.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I don't know if I'm a foodie but I like to cook and I like to cook from fresh ingredients. I made lentil soup last night in my pressure cooker. Tonight might be a beef stew or something.
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    I am a foodies and in the wine business. I do not compromise on eating "diet" food. I find the way to make real food and have it fit my daily goals.

My diary should be open. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Foodie here too, but often too lazy or lacking inspiration to cook.
  • dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    I suppose I might be called a foodie. I prepare most of my food at home, I'm a good cook, and I don't eat things that aren't tasty.