"I love my body and just want to eat food and not stress" kind of moments

Options
I know I'm in this for the long-haul, with 50+ lbs to lose. I've learned time and time again over my successes and failures that if anything, consistency is key. Daily tracking, daily decisions, "just keep swimming" kind of consistency.

But my wavering motivation comes from that inner "I love my body" attitude that takes over. I'm sure you know that feeling. It's been a great day, you feel like you look great and you see other people berating themselves and a lot of self-hate and you think "but, I just want to love my body the way it is and not track or worry if I'm going over."

I know logically it's more loving to my body to make healthy choices and keep on moving towards my weight loss goal and ultimately maintenance. And I'm not necessarily looking for advice on this, but just sharing that today I had this moment. I had a great morning at work, I thought I looked damn good in my outfit and just felt like going out for lunch with my husband and eating leisurely with no stress. I ended up tracking afterwards and really didn't do too bad (greek flatbread pizza with side caesar salad), but I also know this could have gone horribly wrong.

My weakest times are days and moments like this where it's evening time and I want to say f&@k it and get a bag of chips and a container of dip. This, this is why I struggle. On that note, I've been doing really well lately and last night's cravings was met with a small bowl of dill pickles. 10 calories in and salty cravings gone!

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    You yourself said it. You know that it is more loving to eat properly than not. I love my body and know what I need to eat to keep it functioning at peak efficiency. Obviously not 100% of the time because there is that chocolate chip cookie calling my name.
  • Carrie2342
    Carrie2342 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was just looking at your profile - In 2011 I got up pretty high in weight and then lost about 30 lbs. Then I broke my foot, too, and gained it all back and then some. It was like I gave up even after I recuperated. So kudos to you for getting back on the horse right away.

I just had dinner out the other night and did the same thing -- eff it -- I don't want to track it I'll just try to be sensible but there was a lot of hidden fat and calories in the chicken I ordered and I wound up regretting the move. :(
  • fitdaisygrrl
    fitdaisygrrl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Carrie2342 wrote: »
    I was just looking at your profile - In 2011 I got up pretty high in weight and then lost about 30 lbs. Then I broke my foot, too, and gained it all back and then some. It was like I gave up even after I recuperated. So kudos to you for getting back on the horse right away.

I just had dinner out the other night and did the same thing -- eff it -- I don't want to track it I'll just try to be sensible but there was a lot of hidden fat and calories in the chicken I ordered and I wound up regretting the move. :(

Nice to meet you and meet a fellow "broke my leg/foot" survivor! :) And yup, we've all been there before with the eff-it attitude. Lol, onwards and upwards though! We can do this!
  • fitdaisygrrl
    fitdaisygrrl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    The people who stop letting the excuses dictate what they do are the people who reach their goals.
    And excuses may sound like a harsh word.. but unfortunately.. that is what they are.. anyone who lets anything and everything influence their logging and accountability to themselves is making an excuse and choosing to let it make the decision not to log. Accountable people log their overages and they log their binges and they log their entire bag of potato chips and then what they do is take steps to figure out a behavior modification that will prevent these things from happening more often.. because in the end its not random calorie surpluses that stop us from our goals, because having more deficit days will always balance those out.. its the excuses to not log and see where your numbers are they get in the way.

Yup, totally excuses and I know that. Good harsh reminder :)