I'm a newbie

Options
Hi all! I've been doing so many different diet plans for so long, but have not stuck to any of them. 5 years ago, I lost about 85 pounds by going through a party stage, drinking, eating very little and dancing 3-4 nights a week. I'm done with that faze of my life. I'm more of a home body now and happily married with 2 dogs and 2 cats. I spend a lot of time relaxing on my couch watching tv....it's probably one of my most favorite things to do which I know contributes to my weight problem. Since marrying my husband in 2004, I've gained about 65 pounds. I just don't feel like myself and can't stand the way I feel in my own skin. I am at a point where I need to do this to be healthy because my weight is really starting to affect my joints. Everything hurts. Good Luck to all of you out there and I'm going to give it my all.

I'd love to hear your success stories for motivation!!!

Replies

• lovelylady
    Options
    Hi all! I've been doing so many different diet plans for so long, but have not stuck to any of them. 5 years ago, I lost about 85 pounds by going through a party stage, drinking, eating very little and dancing 3-4 nights a week. I'm done with that faze of my life. I'm more of a home body now and happily married with 2 dogs and 2 cats. I spend a lot of time relaxing on my couch watching tv....it's probably one of my most favorite things to do which I know contributes to my weight problem. Since marrying my husband in 2004, I've gained about 65 pounds. I just don't feel like myself and can't stand the way I feel in my own skin. I am at a point where I need to do this to be healthy because my weight is really starting to affect my joints. Everything hurts. Good Luck to all of you out there and I'm going to give it my all.

I'd love to hear your success stories for motivation!!!
  • pete
    pete Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    welcome and good luck. My success story is that i am sticking to my diet since october
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck and here's to fresh starts....from one homebody to the other! lol
    :flowerforyou:
    Ali
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you....this site is awesome!
  • mjj79
    mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Welcome! What part of MD are you from?
  • lovelylady
    Options
    Hi there. I'm from the Eastern Shore...how about you?
  • babyhippo
    Options
    :smile: Welcome. Stick with us. I promise you'll love this site. It has been so much of a help to me. I started in January and have already lost 13 lbs.
    And it's not like I'm starving myself......I'm just not eating like a pig anymore. You will love the food diary. It really holds you accountable.
    Hint: In the morning, plan your meals out for the entire day. That way, if you see you are over your calories, you can just delete something. Once it's in your stomach, it's too late.