dlobato1989
dlobato1989 Posts: 36 Member
edited March 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Starting Weight: 214lbs.
Highest Weight: 225lbs.
Current Weight: 209lbs.
Current Goal: 180lbs.
Ultimate Goal: 135lbs.

Hey everyone just figured I'd introduce myself.. I'm Danielle and I'm 27 years old. I am a little under 5'6 and as of today I weight 209 lbs!

Backstory.. I was always the tiny girl for as long as I could remember. My nickname was Tiny Tina haha anyways about 3 years ago something happened almost overnight it seemed I gained 75 lbs in 3 months! My stomach bloated I because weak and tired.. My diet hadn't changed neither did my activity level. i went and saw a couple Drs. They could NOT explain why this happened to me... To gain this weight then just stop gaining and I couldnt lose anything either I became stuck. They put me on some meds of course and I didn't like them so I quit taking them cold turkey.

Fast forward to NOW I hopped on the scale beginning of Jan and weighed myself 225 lbs. okaaaaaaay I NEED to do something. Why cant I lose weight? Why am I so tired? No motivation? Began couting calories 1200 a day and cut dairy out because it made my stomach hurt lost about 10lbs. I hated this lifestyle. I have a herniated disc and carpal tunnel which makes working out hard. Recently I started using my gazelle again for 20 mins a day. I came across intermittent fasting. Started 4 days ago I have been doing 20:4 and have lost a little over a 4 lbs. I drink a ton of water and have coffee everyday. I eat healthy not junk. I'm not a sweets person but I love salty food. I still don't eat very much dairy... Pretty close to none. Today I will be starting OMAD..I find it hard to eat 2 meals or snacking within 4 hours. I'd rather just eat 1 hour of the day and be done with it. Hopefully I will see even better results. 20:4 was easy as far as no cravings. I have had trouble sleeping at night and end up sleeping during the day. Also I get headaches throughout the day.. Thats nothing new.

Feel free to add me and follow my progress, need to talk w.e. I'll be more than happy to talk to you. I will continue to do weigh ins and update regularly. I'm waiting on my new scale to come from Amazon should get it Monday. Okay well I'm babbling so now I'm done. BYE everyone!

Replies

• nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome Danielle. I had to look up OMAD
    I'm assuming with the 'unexplained' weight gain you talked to your doc and they looked at your thyroid and looked for autoimmune issues?
    Good luck on your plan.
  • dlobato1989
    Options
    Yep looked at all of that. I find it weird to gain soo much weight so quickly then just stop. I was stuck for 3 years at that weight. And drs. Had no explanation.
  • KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I belong this to this group and it is great! http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/20634-omad-revolution
  • dlobato1989
    Options
    Forgot to mention I tried different diets and excersizing and nothing has worked these past 3 years.. Nothing until I cut dairy which eventually that stopped helping so now IF has been working .. Hopefully this sticks.
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    So you only eat one meal a day? I have hypoglycemia and feel faint, dizzy and nauseated if I go more than a few hours without SOMETHING, so this wouldn't be for me. I hope it works for you though!!
  • Erotyka
    Erotyka Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey. Been following OMAD for 6 months (down 73lbs). You're welcome to add me.

If I'm honest, I don't think it actually made much difference to how I lost weight. I think I'd have lost the same if I'd eaten the same calories but spread over 3 meals. It did prevent me from grazing and overeating though. You never go to bed hungry on OMAD... that's for sure.
  • KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    OMAD is the only thing that has helped me shed the last bit of weight. I also follow a ketogenic diet.
  • dlobato1989
    Options
    Yea I cant give up carbs haha I already dont eat dairy sooo i dont want to restrict myself so much you know? Today is the first day I ate just one meal.. Stayed within my calories and so far I feel great!