Anyone else feel like this?

Options
The scale is going down, but I feel like I am getting bigger. I also feel like I am just turning into a ball of skin... When I shop I am def wearing smaller sizes but if that size doesn't fit in something else I get really discouraged...

Side note and I DO NOT WANT THIS POST TO BE ALL ABOUT THIS NEXT ? What kind of exercises do you do to tighten your stomach....I will not run

Replies

• rubyredlips
    Options
    Side note and I DO NOT WANT THIS POST TO BE ALL ABOUT THIS NEXT ?

What do you mean ??
  • ashleypietz
    ashleypietz Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. The loose skin and flabby look takes a lot to get used to. I've been disappointed in how I look but I also tell myself that the skin was stretched out over the fat for so long it's going to take time to tighten up. I've been doing cardio and lots of ab exercises to tighten and tone the muscle so that as the skin tightens (its getting there) my stomach will have a nice shape and support. Keep it up and give it time. You didn't get fat or skinny overnight so be patient with your body as it catches up.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I think it's natural that when we start losing weight, we wish it were going faster and that we notice things we didn't notice previously.

Re: exercise: you can't spot reduce unfortunately. You can do ab exercises like crunches and pilates to help tighten and strengthen the muscles, which will make a bit of difference and improve your fitness, but you won't have a 6 pack unless you get down to fairly low bodyfat.
  • kellicarter11
    kellicarter11 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I don't just want answers about what exercises to do. I want to know if other people feel the way I do
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Whenever I felt that way, I would remember that it took time for me to get that way, so it's going to take time to take it off. Pity parties never helped me lose weight. Good luck!
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Yes we feel the same way. I sometimes feel like I'm going to knock myself out with all of mine. So don't feel bad. If you are willing to spend the money, there are machines that will tighten the loose skin. You'll have to check with a plastic surgeon. It's totally non-surgical and painless. Its worth checking into. Other wise you can buy underwear to control it. Thats what I do.

As far as stomach exercises are concerned, crunches and reverse crunches as well as some zumba will help with the tummy areas.
  • tiffaniball06
    Options
    I have found the elliptical seems to "help" tighten my flabby tummy also planks.
    You have to remember clothes, womens clothes in particular are made very differently some are made bigger and some are made for super tiny people. Plus women are also made different. Some have hips some dont. Others are blessed up top and some are not. So clothes sometimes are very body specific. I know it frustrates me too, bucause my husband can just walk in and buy whatever size he wears and it fits. That's just how it is though.
  • dxing
    dxing Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I don't know how you regularly eat, but your journal is full of processed food. You're eating below your caloric allotment, but you don't seem to be eating the right types of food. Clean eating will yield in different results, even with the same number of calories consumed.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'm sure the P90X Ab ripper should help with stomach bulge. Aaaaand I do not care for scales. At all. I take measurements. There are way too many contributing factors when it comes to weight.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    You need to eat healthy and exercise so your skin shrinks along with your weight! Eat less processed foods and more natural foods. If you want a big mac, make a burger at home and add 1000 island to it, along with lettuce, tomato, etc - and boom, you've saved a lot of calories!
  • runner328
    runner328 Posts: 174
    Options
    I totally understand! Everyone tells me I look great and all I see is what I don't like! I keep lowering my goal weight because I thought I would look better. I eat very healthy no processed foods, Low sodium blah blah blah. I feel all jiggly & wiggly :frown:
  • mpfand
    mpfand Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Do you really not drink any water or do you just not log it? With all the processed foods you eat, and if you're not drinking water you are probably retaining water.
  • PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    At my age, I'm satisfied to be looking good overall on the outside while wearing clothes. Naked is a totally different story - but then I don't plan to be showing anyone anything much - so what I look like underneath isn't as big a factor as it might have been years ago.

Yes, I do wish I had less wiggle & jiggle - but knowing that I've lost alot of that fat is a good feeling. I know I'm healthier and that counts for alot!
  • kellicarter11
    kellicarter11 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I drink water I just can't keep track...Look I live in a dorm My only cooking tool is a microwave..I do the best I can with no money and no cooking utensils. I did not post this to get lectured at I posted it to see if anyone else felt this way..... and for the record that is the first time I had a big mac in almost a yr. I also and no cheese or onions and took the third slice of bread out.
  • runner328
    Options
    I eat very healthy no processed foods
    [/quote

I only pointed this out because I am doing everything I can & still don't feel like it's enough!
  • arkenny
    arkenny Posts: 125
    Options
    I hear yea.... think no matter that we are loosing weight...its natural to have a "fat" day... some days i feel huge even if i havent gained... prob just some bloating or what not!!
  • ironman1960
    Options
    Depending on how heavy you were, the flabby skin does tighten up but it takes time, (trust me on this one) I still look in the mirror and see a fat man but everyone else tells me how great I look, guess it's an inner fat person thing. Hopefully one day we will be able to accept our new selves, til then, I'm a fat guy in a skinny body. I can live with that!
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    At my age, I'm satisfied to be looking good overall on the outside while wearing clothes. Naked is a totally different story - but then I don't plan to be showing anyone anything much - so what I look like underneath isn't as big a factor as it might have been years ago.

Yes, I do wish I had less wiggle & jiggle - but knowing that I've lost alot of that fat is a good feeling. I know I'm healthier and that counts for alot!

yes! married for 27 years so how i look naked is between me and the hubby. I have moaned about this a lot but am not willing to do surgery and my ever practical husband said i might just have to chalk it up as the cost of being too heavy all those years and enjoying all that food. no sense complaining about it. i just keep lifting weights and try to be the best me i can. looking good naked would rock, but husband thinks i do so that's all that really matters
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly satisfied with what I see in the mirror when I'm fully dressed, but when I'm naked or nearly so, I think "how can that thick body possibly fit in those clothes?" And as for shopping... I've pretty much lost the ability to look at an item of clothing on a hanger and have any idea at all of whether or not it will fit me. Too large, too small, just right, I won't know until I try it on.

The good news is that loose skin can tighten up with exercise and a good diet, even for people who haven't lived in a dorm since the 1970's. While I'll probably always have some sagging here and there, I'm nowhere close to being a candidate for skin reduction surgery. For a while there I couldn't look at my naked self in the mirror without being reminded of "The Silence of the Lambs."
  • runner328
    Options
    I'm mostly satisfied with what I see in the mirror when I'm fully dressed, but when I'm naked or nearly so, I think "how can that thick body possibly fit in those clothes?" And as for shopping... I've pretty much lost the ability to look at an item of clothing on a hanger and have any idea at all of whether or not it will fit me. Too large, too small, just right, I won't know until I try it on.

OMG I thought I was the only one that thought that way!!