Amazing health foods?!

Hey everyone!

I was just wondering if anyone has come across some great health foods? For example I have been using shiritaki noodles (0 calories), scandinavian crisps (12 calories each, 5 grams of fiber), and La tortilla factory wraps (12 grams of fiber, 7 grams of protein, 130 calories)...

I would love to hear what you have discovered and where you bought it :)

Thanks!!

Replies

• shannonkk
    shannonkk Posts: 192 Member
    I get the La Tortilla low carb wraps for 50 calories. Spaghetti squash makes great noodles too.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    I love Coco Pops (Not to be confused with Coco Puffs, the chocolate breakfast cereal). They're these big foamy discs that are so versatile. :) Only 16 calories per piece!

I break them up and snack on them plain out of the bag.. I dip them in hummus.. I top them with marinara and a light sprinkle of shredded cheese for a cold pizza-like snack.. I lightly coat them with spray butter, stevia, and cinnamon for a big Cinnamon Toast Crunch kind of snack.. I use them as replacements for bread in my PB&J..

I get mine at Wegmans, but I've also seen them at local Amish markets.

Edit: Here's the link..
    http://www.wegmans.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=669439&storeId=10052&langId=-1
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Flatout Flat bread 90 calories and lots of "flavors" to choose from!
  • marnieinMB
    marnieinMB Posts: 196 Member
    I get the La Tortilla low carb wraps for 50 calories. Spaghetti squash makes great noodles too.

where do you find these?
  • You can get the La Tortilla Wraps at pretty much any health food store!! Spaghetti squash you can find at any grocery store
  • kmjudge
    kmjudge Posts: 25
    Unsweetened cranberries or 100% cranberry juice. Full of good things for you, and helps get rid of cellulite! I mix 1 oz for every 8 oz of water with a packet of Stevia all natural sweetener and I have a tasty hydrating drink.

Cucumbers, Spinach, flaxseed oil, any dark leafy green, there are lots of things that you can add into your diet that will do AMAZING things for your body and combined will add a tasty meal or snack into your day practically calorie free. Lemons help a lot with digestion, so adding lemon to anything you can helps.

Grass fed,cage free, organic protein has about 100 calories difference of non-organic too.
  • TCrawford70
    TCrawford70 Posts: 59 Member
    I love to make cranberry and banana smoothies with some vanilla protein powder and coconut milk.Yummm!:smile: Sometimes I add frozen spinach or collard greens.
  • CHIA SEEDS! they have 8x the omega 3's a salmon, 25% more dietary fibre than flax seeds, 30% more antioxidents than blueberries, 15x more magnesium than broccoli, 6x more calcium than whole milk, 3x more iron than spinach, 50% more folate content than asparagus!

i'm vegetarian so its hard to get my omega 3's, iron and calcium. they work wonders for me! i can definately feel a difference in my body on days where i take them and days when i don't.

I love to sprinkle them on salads, cereals, yogurt...put them in smoothies, or put them in muffins. you can blend them into powder form too. they're fantastic. sometimes ill just eat a spoonful plain. :)

i definately recommend them! :D
  • Oh I didn't know it had so many benefits! Gonna have to buy these.
  • tushiness
    tushiness Posts: 29
    Non fat cottage cheese! Sooo incredibly filly and lots of protein! so versatile too can use in a lot of receipes
  • ErikaJanem
    ErikaJanem Posts: 7 Member
    flax seeds are great low fat proteins that everyone should be taken. and they have been linked to lean body weight and are full of omega 3's for people who hate fish.