Working towards my summer body and dental school :)

Options
mickeyyy20
mickeyyy20 Posts: 20 Member
edited March 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hey everyone! I have recently hit a point where I can no longer look at my own body without asking myself how did I get this way? I have always been content and atleast okay with my size but my denial has run its course. I really want to make a change and live a more healthy life and stick with it because of school. I want to make eating healthy and exercizing a habit so that I dont find myself in the same position. I have gained at least 40lb since college and even then I wasnt as thin as I would have liked to be. I heard alot of good things about this app and love that people make friends and share their issues. Please feel free to friend me!
I'm all ears :)

Replies

• MikoHanzo
    MikoHanzo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community!
  • IsairizVega
    IsairizVega Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am also trying to gain the 40 lbs I gained this last year. I became too complaisant and thelbs piled on. I love myself too much to continue destroying my life. So, cheers to us working hard to getting our bodies and life back! Please add me if you wish!
  • mickeyyy20
    Options
    @IsairizVega Thank you! Yes cheers to us! We are on the right track. I started 4 days ago and already feel so much better :) I sent you a request as well.
  • IsairizVega
    Options
    Amazing! I decided to start tomorrow. Today I am planning out all the food I will be eating, grocery shopping, and meal prepping. Monday will be my first day. I'm going to start with walking and building up my stamina to run. I also will meet with a nutritionist to help me plan out healthy meals. Wednesday I have to go meet with a PT to help me build an exercise plan for me to adhere to. I'm nervous and excited.
  • mickeyyy20
    Options
    @IsairizVega that is awesome!!!! You got such a good support system. You will be well on your way. Don't be nervous! It only took me maybe 4 or 5 days to get used to eating differently but after that it's so easy you won't even crave bad food anymore because you see all the hard work you are putting into it and that stuff just slowly stop to appeal to you. I feel so good and its only been a short amount of time. Honestly it's so true when they say one good choice leads to another :)
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats on starting dental school.
  • IsairizVega
    Options
    Thank you for the inspiration!
  • healthcate
    healthcate Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi I am premed and working to lose that collegiate weight gain too lol. I gained the classic freshman 15 and finally lost it as a junior. :) You can do it! I'm now hoping to get in better shape than I was in high school <3 Especially as future medical professionals I feel we have extra incentive to be healthy. Congrats on dental school btw, I'm envious hope to get where you are soon!
  • jadaatenise
    jadaatenise Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in nursing school lol I gained wait from being "too busy" to work out . Good luck on your journey :)