Anyone else on 1200 cals a day??

Options
and if so how do you divide this up for the day? I.e. how many cals do you have for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks etc? x

Replies

• ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    i am...

feel free to look at my diary if you wish... it's open *S*
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I am breakfast is usually about 200 calories lunch 3, I keep snacks at a minimum and what evers left goes to dinner. I don't drink anything but water cause I don't wanna waste calories there. Your welcome to view my diary if that helps it should be public I believe.
  • mojo501976
    mojo501976 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am. I don't really divide this up though; rather, I eat regularly and it is mostly vegetables and fruits. I just log it as I eat.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    If I don't exercise, i'm on 1290 if I want to lose weight. I usually have a 200 calorie breakfast and lunch and a 400 calorie dinner. The rest is snacks.
  • crystalmichelle82
    Options
    :smile: i was when i was trying to get skinny but now i am eating more so that i can get muscle :wink:

i always just had my shakeology for breakfast, then had a 100 calorie snack for mid-morning, then about 300 calories at lunch, then 100 calorie mid-afternoon snack, then dinner was like 300 calories. So you can definitely do it!
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    and if so how do you divide this up for the day? I.e. how many cals do you have for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks etc? x

I try my best to break it up as follows:

Breakfast = 450-550 calories
    Morning snack = 150 calories or less
    Lunch: 300-400 calories
    Afternoon snack = 150 calories or less
    Dinner = 200-300 calories
    Evening snack = 150 calories or less

Depending on the amount of calories I start with at breakfast determines if I go with the higher or lower calorie count for lunch and dinner.
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Good question.... I can't tell you, only show you. Feel free to see my food diary.
  • pkarim
    pkarim Posts: 171
    Options
    I usually do breakfast lunch dinner at 300 calories each (approx) and two snacks usually 150-200. But I usually exercise so it bumps up my calories so I can eat more. If you add me you can look at my diary :)
  • Qhoney24
    Qhoney24 Posts: 31
    Options
    i keep 300 for breakfast and lunch sometimes but dinner is more intake because when you workout you actually gain back the calories that you burned that evening.. So i never go over in that but it makes it so much easier to deal with.
  • bluebelle00
    Options
    My target is 1270 net & my diary is public if you want to look...generally I try to shoot for around 300/500/500 & work in some type of exercise. If I have extra cals, those go to small snacks. I also drink mostly water, with the exception of milk w/ breakfast.
  • PassTheSalad
    Options
    I'm on 1200 cal. a day. I have 200 for breakfast, 300+ for lunch and the rest goes for dinner. I don't snack hardly at all.
  • Mghildeb
    Mghildeb Posts: 2
    Options
    I have the 1200 cals a day as well. I usually have about 200 in the morning, i keep lunch light and use the rest on dinner. (sometimes not fully meeting my 1200 a day) but i exercise for at least 45 minutes 3 to 5 times a week. I have a problem with snacking, so when im at work i dont bring anything but lunch and drink lots of water. I find the water fills me up and i dont eat a lot towards the end of the. The ice cream at nights kills me lol i love my sweets!
  • verair
    verair Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I don't really divide up my days I just log as I eat but my trend tends to be this:

breakfast: 150-250

Lunch: 600

Dinner: 150-200

snack: what's left

I also log the foods BEFORE i eat them so that can adjust my meals if I need to.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I'm bad. I'm trying to look at this more as a "live-it" than a diet and so I eat what I want, when I want. I basically just watch my calories and try to adjust so that I have as many calories as I may want at dinner time. I always eat at least 3 times a day, and eat to my hunger. At some point, I plan to start paying more attention to what I'm getting nutritionally, but I'm trying not to stress on that for the time being. That's what's failed me in the past- I find I don't have the time and everything breaks down and I gain back what I've lost. I guess my only advice is, find what works for you and stick with it. Eat to your hunger.
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    i was going to get shakology but it was sooo expensive and i wanted to know what it taste like beofre i invest in that. Can you tell me what it is like? Is it kinda sweet at least, how long does one bag last?
  • cabul3
    cabul3 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    i split my day into morning / afternoon / evening, and aim for about 400 cals each.
    however, i also workout a lot to earn 200 - 500 extra calories to enjoy daily as well!
    check out my diary if you'd like :o)
  • fishiewishes
    fishiewishes Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I usually finish at around 1200 :) I have 6 smaller meals divided evenly through the day with no snacking - feel free to look at my diary!
  • lmvrbaby
    lmvrbaby Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am on 1200 calories. I am not a morning breakfast eater, but I try to either have a little cereal and milk or oj. I work late morning to night so I am usually having my 'breakfast' at 10:30 am, and dinner I get to come home which is about 4. I do have a snack after work which is about 9pm. If we have snacks at work (I also have to eat gluten free) and I am able to eat them I will have a little. But later in the day is when I eat the most calories. I guess it would be up to what your body tells you its hungry....
  • kmjudge
    kmjudge Posts: 25
    Options
    200-300 for breakfast
    100 calorie snack (fruit is best!)
    300-400 calorie lunch
    100 calorie snack (fruit is still best!)
    200-300 calorie dinner

Supplement lunch and/or dinner with a salad that consists only of dark leafy greens, cucumber, tomato, bell pepper, etc. without cheese. For dressing use lemon juice, a touch of flaxseed oil and apple cider vinegar (really tasty, healthy and 0 calories) a salad like that is basically NO calories, fills you up, and tastes GREAT!

Substitute salt and black pepper with cayenne pepper, much healthier for you and gives good kick to any meal.
  • kerrylou150
    Options
    I plan out my food for the next day at night. It takes about 10 mins if that. Its easier to know what you are having so when you are hungry you don't even think about what to have... you already know and just eat. No time to change things, add things like butter or oil, snack while things are cooking (goodbye cookies). I also pre cook a lot of stuff so its becomes just measure, heat, eat...

breakfast is about 400 - lunch is about 400 to 500 - small afternoon snack always less then 200 - and dinner is 350 to 400. I work out about 20 mins a day so I get extra cals. That's how i get my afternoon snack.

with some planning - i know you can do it too :-)