30lbs in three months

Options
need to lose 30lbs to be at goal weight have lost a lot of weight just need some friendly people to get the rest done with. join me in this if you want to lose some weight well start on the 20th to give people tome to join but you can still join after just add me, make this your best year :)

Replies

• LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Unsustainable and you'll just gain it all back if you somehow manage this feat. Take it slow you're so close to your goal weight. Try losing 0.5-1 pound a week instead.

Please consider speaking with your doctor about this goal:
  • vickyrose94
    vickyrose94 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It's easy to lose 30lbs starting out. I've lost 30lbs in 3 months when I started. Once you lose more though it does get harder! I would love to lose 30lbs this month but I don't think it's feasible focus on 0.5-2 lbs a week but don't think that you'll always lose 2 lbs a week!
  • SamyFit2017
    SamyFit2017 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hope you reach your goal
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    It should be a lifestyle change tbh your body may not want to lose 10 lbs a month
    Think long term you'll lose quick gain quick plus add more it happens too often
  • MarcusH80
    MarcusH80 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for the concern with the speed that I'm trying to lose the weight at. Pretty much 30lbs in 3 months in more of a guideline and I have changed the way I eat so I nolonger gain weight back I just wanted some people to come on the loseig Journey once more As if you've lost as much weight as I have you know it can become tedious hard
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    MarcusH80 wrote: »
    Thanks guys for the concern with the speed that I'm trying to lose the weight at. Pretty much 30lbs in 3 months in more of a guideline and I have changed the way I eat so I nolonger gain weight back I just wanted some people to come on the loseig Journey once more As if you've lost as much weight as I have you know it can become tedious hard

Since you've already lost weight, you likely already know that losses slow down. When you don't have much to lose and attempt to lose quicker, you'll end up losing more muscle mass than intended and run the risk of health issues that come from malnutrition. Right now, a pound a week is ideal for where you are. When you reach your final 10-15 pounds, this should drop to half a pound a week.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    This is not "that" aggressive. It works up to about 2.5 pounds a week. However it is a bit lofty and perhaps unsustainable unless you are very obese. If you strive for this you may end up disappointed. You would need to adhere to a strict diet and exercise program without fail. I recommend lowering your goal to a pound and a half maybe two pounds a week. You may possibly lose more in the beginning. I hope you meet your goal in a realistic and sustainable manner.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    If you want to start a challenge, better to do it in the correct subforum
    Message Boards › Challenges
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I just lost 16.6 lbs in 40 days, as a start up (so it includes the initial whoosh-cliff). But that's only 6.5% of my starting weight--about 1.13% of weight per week. I could conceivably hit 30 lbs in 90 days (14.4 lbs in the remaining 50 days), but it is because of where I'm starting (obesity train wreck).

What % of your weight is 30 lbs in 90 days?