Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

High Protein Pancakes (no protein powder)

annacole94
annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
These are delicious. My kids love them, and don't notice a difference from regular pancakes. I know there are even healthier ones out there, but these have a great texture and don't taste weird. You don't need to like cottage cheese to like these.

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/fluffy-cottage-cheese-pancakes

Fluffy Cottage Cheese Pancakes
Serves 4

1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
2 tablespoons sugar
4 eggs
1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
1/2 cup low-fat (1%) milk
2 tablespoons canola oil
Canola spray oil

Method:
In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, salt and sugar. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, cottage cheese, milk and oil. Add flour mixture to egg mixture and whisk until just blended.

Lightly coat a large skillet or griddle with spray oil then heat over medium heat. Working in batches, form each pancake by spooning about 1/4 cup of the batter onto the skillet. Cook, flipping pancakes once, until golden brown on both sides and cooked through, about 5 minutes total. Transfer to plates and serve.
Nutritional Info:
Per Serving: Serving size: about 3 pancakes, 310 calories (120 from fat), 13g total fat, 3g saturated fat, 220mg cholesterol, 600mg sodium, 33g carbohydrates, (1 g dietary fiber, 9g sugar), 17g protein.

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    I'm reciting "Little Miss Muffet" in my head, eating her curds and whey. It took me until MFP to figure out how cottage cheese (curds) and whey could both be high in protein. Aha, the mama cow provides two proteins to her growing calf; fast acting whey and slower acting casein.
  • prusiae
    prusiae Posts: 4 Member
    I make a killer sourdough pancake with 130 year old SF starter, sooooooooo bad for you. I will def give these a try!
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    As an adult, they're definitely a bit different than the fluffiest pancakes you could make. But they are also more filling and I feel better after eating them, as they're not just a white carb bomb in my belly. ;) I've started making some fruit to put on top instead of syrup, too. Similar calories, but more filling and some fiber.