Illness weight and stress

Options
Hi everyone

I know we all struggle at times, but here's the deal. I come from an obese, abusive family who teased me about my weight most of my life. I got it under control in my 20s, then lost it after my third baby developed life threatening illness and we lived at a Children's hospital for months. Got it under control again with diet and exercise when another son was rushed to hospital with a different chronic illness and I realised I needed my health if I was going to cope

Fast forward 10 years and I got sick. Liver disease needing massive amounts of drugs that piled the weight back on. Let it go for a while; too much to cope with. Can't really exercise due to illness, so it's hard to manage

BUT

It won't help to complain or to remain obese, so here I go again. Will keep posting but would love support.

Just a bit tough

SW 101kg
CW 94kg
GW 65kg

Replies

• rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I hope you and your kids are feeling better and all of your health problems are under control/more manageable. You're obviously a determined lady who will succeed at whatever you choose. Good luck x
  • wilsonsprom
    wilsonsprom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks Rugratz. To be honest, I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed, but I guess I just need to be dogged. I really appreciate the support. Sometimes it's a bit too tough and it's easy to just feel sorry for myself
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Wilson's prom, eh? We used to camp there as kids. Rosellas and kangaroos ...

The best thing you can do for yourself and your family is get healthy :)

Plenty of support from me!
  • wilsonsprom
    Options
    Thank you. It's been such a marathon. But still feeling dogged. And love rosellas!!!
  • koser2352
    koser2352 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I don't have the same problems as you do. But I have a lot of stress in my life too and a lot of medical problems I'm having a lot of trouble with depression. One thing that has depressed me is gaining a lot of weight. I took off 80 pounds and then put it right back on. I could kick myself. But I am an emotional eater and I'm starting the program again I'm not giving up I'm being more healthy. I have managed to lose five and I found so far but I look at as it has 5 pounds of butter 5 pounds of potatoes or something like that and think of how much weight that is on your body that we just get used to. My weight has taken a toll on my body and I'm trying to overcome it. My heart goes out to you and think hope things go well
  • wilsonsprom
    Options
    Good for you Koser. Sounds like you've had a real battle. Good to be here and have support: I suspect it'll take a long time to recover our health and well being.