I used to drink 1200 calories!!

Options
I just thought about how much soda I used to drink and oh man lol. I drank 1200 or more calories a day!

Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I can easily put away 3000 calories in beer on a good (or bad, depending on which forum I'm on) weekend. God, I love beer.
  • misssmiles
    misssmiles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    yesterday i comsumed 1,158 calories of beer... this does not happen often!
  • misssmiles
    misssmiles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    yesterday i comsumed 1,158 calories of beer... this does not happen often!
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Yeah I did that with coffee or chai tea...and italian sodas. I couldn't believe how many calories I was drinking!
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Luckily for me, I hate fizzy drinks in all their forms, my 1200 calories would come in red wine, but 1200 cals would be quite a few glasses, even for me! Lol!
  • superflyrbi
    superflyrbi Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I can easily put away 3000 calories in beer on a good (or bad, depending on which forum I'm on) weekend. God, I love beer.

Yes! My wife and I are the same way. I told her (jokingly of course) that the only reason I eat well and exercise during the week is so I can drink all the beer I want on the weekend.
  • gillian055
    gillian055 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It's amazing what just switching from pop to water can do!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

Yes! My wife and I are the same way. I told her (jokingly of course) that the only reason I eat well and exercise during the week is so I can drink all the beer I want on the weekend.

Eventually (when I'm in a good maintenance place) I will have a fair amount of exercise solely for the purpose of cancelling out beer calories. There is nothing more amazing in this world than going for a hike in the morning, and then having beers and mexican food for lunch. It's gonna have to be one helluva hike. ;)
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I realized that for breakfast i used to eat 716-900 calories everyday!
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I love a cold beer on a hot day or a nice fine red wine or bubbly with a meal! I was so surprised at the caloric content. Taking a hiatus from both until I reach a steady rate of success here! It was obviously a major contributing factor to my gain along with lack of exercise!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options

Same here! I am overweight primarily due to beer :grumble: Now I run so that I can drink beer :wink:
  • jenny_fur
    jenny_fur Posts: 73
    Options
    I could drink that in wine :drinker: in one night. BUT.. have been limiting it to half that and only on Friday & Sat... (22 hrs & counting! :laugh: )
  • XxBri22xX
    XxBri22xX Posts: 183
    Options
    Its amazing how bad your diet was before this site huh? I used to do salads a lot when we went out to eat. Yet, I still couldn't lose weight. I never knew a SALAD, a freaking salad! could have so many calories. Plus, sodas are killer when you drink 3 a day. I finally stopped that and only drink water with flavoring. It taste better anyways.
  • superflyrbi
    superflyrbi Posts: 80 Member
    Options

Eventually (when I'm in a good maintenance place) I will have a fair amount of exercise solely for the purpose of cancelling out beer calories. There is nothing more amazing in this world than going for a hike in the morning, and then having beers and mexican food for lunch. It's gonna have to be one helluva hike. ;)

Good God, it's like you're my long lost sister! lol
  • MadMaz359
    MadMaz359 Posts: 15
    Options
    Tried to drink that many last night, but what a great night Band Hero never sounded so good.

:love:

Marion
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I don't do soda too much at all, especially not anymore, but I can definitely pack away the calories when it comes to alcohol....
  • Mucky_Duck
    Mucky_Duck Posts: 73
    Options
    Since joining MFP i've come to realize I drink an extreme amount of tea... thankfully it does much less damage than my previous soda dependance and costs me both less calories & less dollars at the store.
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    It's scary isn't it!

On the alcohol note- I went to a music festival last wknd and drank over 1000 cals of alcohol and I wasn't even that drunk! Such a waste!