Craving Chinese food!

Options
I want cheese wantons so badly and egg rolls so badly!
Anyone know any healthy alternatives?

Replies

• JennaSeaBeee
    JennaSeaBeee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I could but beause they're oily and heavy...even though I want them, I know I'll feel bad after eating them, so I'm looking for a healthier option that won't make me feel sluggish.
  • TheRambler
    TheRambler Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I agree here. If you've been eating healthy for a while those foods will not be kind to your stomach. It could be a good way to clean you out!! Ugh
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Go get pho instead.
  • BonnieDalbergAnsley
    Options
    Rice paper rolls stuffed with shiratake noodles, raw veggies, and cooked shrimp/chicken.
    These are fantastic with a little peanut sauce or sweet and sour sauce.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Order one for take out and leave the restaurant. Eat it. That should satiate. The second won't taste as good. h r
  • CamelPuncherello
    CamelPuncherello Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    So I know this isn't the same but I've made my own (baked) filled with pulled roasted chicken, julienned carrots, shredded cabbage, among other vegetables. Not exactly the same, but really delicious and closer than you'd think!

I got them on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Dragon-Spring-Roll-Wrappers/dp/B001BNPC5I/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1489855075&sr=8-1&keywords=egg+roll+wraps
  • Badunkadunk_Buster
    Badunkadunk_Buster Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Make eggroll in a bowl using ground turkey and beef and broccoli. You will have yourself a yummy Chinese dinner.
  • rjan91
    rjan91 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    TheRambler wrote: »
    I agree here. If you've been eating healthy for a while those foods will not be kind to your stomach. It could be a good way to clean you out!! Ugh

I can speak to this - we ordered it last night and we all felt a little gross last night. I think my craving is satisfied for a long while.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    you can make your own wontons and egg rolls. It's not difficult. And you can control the content.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel better, nothing with cheese in it is authentically Chinese anyway.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I will go against the grain here and say plan for it in your calories and go eat Chinese.

Once in awhile there is nothing wrong with eating off your "plan".