Looking for friends to support and who will support me!

mrstrod1
mrstrod1 Posts: 17 Member
edited March 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hi y'all! I just joined a couple of days ago, but I am serious about working hard. I don't have many friends who understand the struggle to get fit in my real life so I would love some online friends who do! Looking for people to share their positive energy and I would love to do the same for others!

This is me in a nutshell:
I am a 45 year-old mom of two teenagers and I have been married for 20 years to my sweetheart of 26 years. I am also a full-time student - I returned to school a few years ago to get my teaching degree. I had to take this semester off because in September I was diagnosed with breast cancer, but I am cancer free and heeling now so I plan to return for my final semester this fall!

My cancer is the really motivator for me getting fit. The odds of recurrence for my type of cancer are especially affected by obesity. And they are much higher than other types of cancer, at least in the first five years. So, I quit smoking (4 months ago) and now I need to get my diet in check and get moving!

Replies

• Gnomeann
    Gnomeann Posts: 7 Member
    Hi, Congrats on being cancer free! I'm also a student. Are you going back next semester? What an important reason to lose weight, if you need another friend for support, feel free to add me!