• JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this, good info as well
    https://youtu.be/8jyhJ6TiUPA
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    @StarGazerPicTaker: You look awesome! I wonder if you'd change your mind about the "nearly every day" thing if said I meant a fairly short and easy one. If you were going to do a real weight-bearing ab workout (which I don't do) then I'd allow recovery, for sure. (I'd probably have to!) But I'm living proof that doing a brief ab workout nearly every day is very effective from a strength perspective. The one @JstTheWayIam posted is a great example. Lots of other ones on YouTube.
  • _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    If you want strong abs, you have to work them frequently (nearly daily). It doesn't take much time: 15 minutes or so. Lots of free videos will get you going. I like the PopSugar channel on YouTube.

ummm... no. You don't work biceps every day, or legs every day. Ab muscles are no different really. You CAN work them daily just by engaging them when you walk, sit, stand, and just go about your day - but to do an actual ab workout daily? That's overkill.

Don't deny until you try.

I'd agree there's little point in doing a workout for Abs everyday.

The benefit is probably marginal -- I would,however, recommend really focusing in on your breathing when doing your bench, squat, and deadlift. Ie your still working on your code and putting a larger muscle group to work.. To that point, when I do light cardio I like to put the treadmill on max incline and then focus on squeezing / holding / activating my core while taking long strides.

Lol, sorry I didn't see your later response before commenting. Doing a light workout everyday perhaps at home wouldn't be as bad. I thought you were suggesting a really focused ab workout everyday that would eat up / take away from your other lifts. ;)

• Vladimirnapkin
    Vladimirnapkin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I like Russian Twists with a medicine ball or small weight. It really helped my obliques.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I like Russian Twists with a medicine ball or small weight. It really helped my obliques.

Try Landmine twists. Killer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDakeCOBdDE