Need advice 60lbs plus to loose

Options
Hi guys I have at least 60lbs to loose any advice to loose it gently so it all doesn't pile on again. Any success stories greatly appreciated. What has worked for you? X

Replies

• leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    My advice....

More than likely you will have to watch your weight from here on out so think long term. Plan for maintainence.
    Get comfortable with weight fluctuations.
    Trial and error on how to moderate certain foods.
    Try not to complicate things.
    Eventually work in exercise even if it's just walking.

Read through these boards. There are knowledgeable folks that are successful maintainers that I've learned a lot from!!

Best!

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Focus on one day at a time and make mini goals along the way. I used 5 lb goals.
  • SammiG01
    SammiG01 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    MFP works. No secrets or shortcuts. Enter your stats accurately then log your intake accurately and stay within the recommended daily calories and macros and you will lose weight.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Eat at a calorie deficit. Buy a food scale, work on accurate logging. You've got this - good luck! :)
  • catharinamkotze
    catharinamkotze Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is easy.
    Keeping it off is difficult.
    If you don't already have a maintenance plan, you will gain that lost weight again.
  • cwagar123
    cwagar123 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi guys I have at least 60lbs to loose any advice to loose it gently so it all doesn't pile on again. Any success stories greatly appreciated. What has worked for you? X

I have lost close to 80 lbs with mfp.

This is what has worked for me...

Food scale and measuring cups. I weigh and measure EVERYTHING

Prelogging. I do my diary the night before.

I like to weigh daily but I do not let the scale number impact my mental health. At all. I have gone up 3 lbs one day, down for the next, up again... Whatever.

I don't think in terms of "good food" or "bad food". I honestly believe that the mindset that got me to 260 lbs and kept me at 260 lbs was ascribing moralistic thinking to food.

I eat what I want but keep a deficit.

I don't have cheat meals or cheat days. I eat.

Patience and time... Time and patience.

Enjoy the journey. Don't try to rush it. Enjoy the mini successes along the way... Even the gains.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Don't worry about carbs sugar fat just eat as healthy as you can in your worked out calorie allowance
    Don't eat more than half your calculated calories depending how you've calculated your calorie intake to lose weight
    Aim for 1-2 lbs a week or 5lbs a month is better
    Use a tape measure inch loss Spurs you on when those scales don't move
    Drink water 2 litres a day helps
    Have treats life is much to short to feel deprived this is a lifestyle change a plan for life so you need to enjoy it and inky do an exercise plan if you are that's always do able

Good luck :)
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    i was 232 pounds 10 months ago...my profile pic is me now at 140-145 so 85-90 pounds lost. You can do it just dont complicate things, stick to your deficit and move around more to increase the deficit if you choose, I lost my first 50 pounds on diet alone.

Just takes long term commitment to calorie counting accurately
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    size102b wrote: »
    Don't worry about carbs sugar fat just eat as healthy as you can in your worked out calorie allowance
    Don't eat more than half your calculated calories depending how you've calculated your calorie intake to lose weight
    Have treats life is much to short to feel deprived this is a lifestyle change a plan for life so you need to enjoy it and inky do an exercise plan if you are that's always do able

What?!? No! You should be trying to eat your calorie allotment, not only half of it.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

What?!? No! You should be trying to eat your calorie allotment, not only half of it.

woah woah woah yeah no...what? why would you tell someone that
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »

JaydedMiss wrote: »

I am hoping that it was a mistake and what they meant was only eat back half of your calculated exercise calories since they are usually over estimated.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Use the MFP calculator to find your calories per day, get a food scale and start weighing and logging your food to meet your calorie goal. You can do it