Weight gain?

Options
Hi, I am currently 18 years old and just started going to the gym a few months ago. I have been working out hard at least 6 days a week for an hour and a half to two hours a day. I am noticing small gains in size and some pretty decent gains in strength but i do not think I am consuming enough calories to see the optimum results. I realize it takes a long time to get a perfect body but will this site get me on the right track to making gains faster? Also, would the gains be solid muscle or would they be partially fat too?

Thanks!
Adam

Replies

• kitkat536
    kitkat536 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Mostly solid muscle. Be sure you are eating enough proteins and carbs to ensure your able to build muscle. Becareful not to over do it and hurt your muscles. Also, make sure you are eating enough calories so that your body isn't using your muscles in order to lift. Sometimes your body will eat your muscles if you aren't getting enough fats and calories into your system. Go to anabolicminds.com for extra body building tips.
  • adam28752
    adam28752 Posts: 5
    Options
    okay, thank you!
  • sf08003
    sf08003 Posts: 30
    Options
    muscle only... unless you eat way over your daily calorie goal.
  • fitness4lifee
    Options
    there is some good tips on this web site ..... for work out plans and a little info nutrition.... just scroll down and fill out the little body type thing....
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/guides/
  • adam28752
    Options
    I go to the gym every day I can, if not I still try to workout at home.
  • fitness4lifee
    Options
    what is a typical work out you would do?
  • adam28752
    Options
    day 1- chest, triceps, and abs
    day 2- back and biceps
    day 3- legs and abs
    day 4- shoulders and traps
    day 5- rest
    then restart the cycle
  • fitness4lifee
    Options
    Ok how many sets do you do per excercise?
  • adam28752
    Options
    about 3, 4 if i feel pretty good after my 3rd. i try to get sets of 6-8 depending on my workout, training heavy