Does anyone remember this YouTube video on metabolism? Help me find it!

Options
Hope you can help.

About a year ago someone posted a link to a fantastic YouTube video about metabolism. It had an overweight woman and a slim woman (friends), who apparently ate the same diet yet the fat one couldn't understand why she was so much bigger.

They also did some tests on the larger woman, how much she was ACTUALLY eating and also tested both their metabolisms.

I'd like to show it to a friend who is having some trouble understanding why her weight loss is not working...calorie counting doesn't work apparently!! :D

Replies

• size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting doesn't work
    Umm people say that when they are over eating and not logging honestly
    Re you tube search the posts on here
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I think it was from a British TV show
  • mrspett323
    mrspett323 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Here you go, hope this helps!
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I was really disappointed in that video. It was great to watch till the end, when they kinda said everyone is different but attributed obesity mostly to genetic factors.
  • pupntot
    pupntot Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the links guys, this looks like a really good show and I'm about 15 mins in but I don't think this is it :'(

I'll definitely pass this one on to her though
  • pupntot
    Options
    I seem to recall the one I'm looking for is much shorter, about 10 mins in length, and it is just about two friends. In the end they find that the slim friend moves a lot more and eats a lot less than the large friend, despite them both believing that the slim friend was the one who ate like a horse.

They also found that the slim friend's metabolism was in fact slower.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    I remember the video you're talking about, and there have been threads about it on here in the past, but I can't think of a good search term to find it.
  • pupntot
    Options
    I remember the video you're talking about, and there have been threads about it on here in the past, but I can't think of a good search term to find it.

Me neither! So irritating
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I was reading the research show skinny people over estimate their intake and under report their activity, the reverse for obese people. This bias explains many of the newbie posts seen here
    - an underweight saying they are eating tons but can't gain
    - an obese saying they are at 1200 cal, exercising, and haven't lost in a month