Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

adding daily tablets to records

Options
kal900
kal900 Posts: 69 Member
Hi,
Ive just found the charts that list calorie/ protein/vitamins intake over 90 days. It says Im low on my iron and calcium via foodstuffs, but I take daily vitamin supplements along with my meds.
Is there any way to set up adding these to my diary? I tried making a recipe but on my laptop it wont allow for nutrients, and on my mobile I cant scan the barcode. There must be a way, surely?
TIA
Kal

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Make a new food, not a new recipe. Got to "Meals, Recipes & Foods" from the side menu (Android) then go the the "Foods" tab and you should be able to click the plus button to add a new food.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    The recipe builder uses foods that are already in the database. You have to create/add new "foods" from the tablets first, if they aren't in the database.
  • kal900
    kal900 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    ok, thanks, i'll give it a go x
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I have a section in my diary just for meds and supplements. It's more of a reminder than anything else, but it does help track nutrient intake even if they don't have calories (supposedly).
  • robynrstiles
    robynrstiles Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hamsibian wrote: »
    I have a section in my diary just for meds and supplements. It's more of a reminder than anything else, but it does help track nutrient intake even if they don't have calories (supposedly).
    how do you make a section for meds? I didn't realize it was possible to make new sections

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have a seperate "meal section" for my supps. I record them as i take them. I log them so i don't forget or double up, and for the micros that get added, plus my omega 3 has calories.

@robynrstiles I'm on my phone so can't send you the link to the page. But if i remember correctly it's in diary settings.
  • robynrstiles
    robynrstiles Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I figured it out! Thanks!