One cheat day per week

Options

Replies

• leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I cycle my calories so I have one low calorie day and one day where I eat near maintenance, I used that as a "controlled cheat" day. In the end it doesn't affect my deficit.

There is some evidence around refeeding and its supposed to help with hormone leptin bounce back. The study was done on athletes and it was cutting for certain amount of days then eating maintenance for a few days. Can't look it up to link right now, but I'm sure it's easy to find if your interested.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    I have my weekly reward day. I eat under for 6 days and over for one. Over 7 days I hit my weekly target. I weigh in on a Friday and have my day off on Sat or Sun and calculate my weekly allowance back to my target for the week.

As I know I can eat whatever at the weekend I have no urges to binge or stray off my plan.
  • Golbat
    Golbat Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I don't do cheat days but I do sometimes have stuff I know is bad for me. One day, I woke up really late, like at lunchtime, had a very light lunch and then was so busy that it was dinner before I had time to eat again. I had freaking fried chicken and french fries! I weighed how much and counted the calories, and I didn't have more than I could fit into my calorie goal, but I'd eaten so little that day due to unintended circumstances that I had plenty of calories to work with and had something I'd been hungry for for a while.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    That's not for me. I may have a day when I go over my calorie goal, but I will still balance it out for the week. I know, from experience, that I can eat enough in a day to totally derail myself. I'm sure this could work for some people, but I would never recommend it as a rule for *everyone*.
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to have a cheat meal, I make sure it's on a day I go to the gym, that way I have a buffer of exercise calories if need be. I never do a cheat day (well, except important ones - i.e., thanksgiving because... pie) but a cheat meal.
  • itsmemalak
    itsmemalak Posts: 21 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    If you really let yourself go on your cheat day it will screw all the progress you've made so i honestly don't do it. Maybe allow yourself one unhealthy cheat meal that stays within your calorie intake? That's what i do
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,981 Member
    Options
    I don't do cheat days or cheat meals. I eat things I like and fit them in. Occasionally on special occasions I go over my limit, but not very often. Moderation is what works for me. I could never stick long term to a way if eating that I felt the need to "cheat" on.
  • Dejahvu04
    Dejahvu04 Posts: 18 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I have a cheat day or weekend once a month. Maybe this isn't the best but it I recover pretty fast although I do notice my body feels like total crap the entire weekend, I even wake up from stomach pains :/ is it worth it? Maybe not
  • ifbaylor
    ifbaylor Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I noticed posters keep referring to Elle Ip's e-book as audio. She never claims this. AUD means Australian Dollar. The book is $147 AUD, $105 USD, $94 EUR & etc...
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    If you replace a cheat day once a week with a binge day once a week does it still sound like a good idea?

Answer, it's not.

• Aundres242
    Aundres242 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have heard several people say that there is no good or bad food, but looking beyond weight loss there are good and bad foods. We should be taking care of ourselves as a whole and the best goal is to be healthy. With that being said, I need to work on eating better myself. I do eat pizza and desserts. Almost everything that I crave, but for the most part I do this in moderation and plan ahead so I have a lighter lunch and still keep in my dietary goal. My down fall is we have a lot of get-togethers in my family for birthdays, holidays and special occasions and I have poor self control when my family gathers. It also does not help that my mom is a awesome cook, healthy usually, but I eat too much of it.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I try not to "cheat" beyond my calorie deficit unless it's a special occasion.