What is my problem!

Options
I am very frustrated with myself! I know what I need to do to get this weight off but instead I still eat junk and now that I have gotten so big I don't like to leave my home, so I'm in this disgusting cycle of overeating and watching tv .. I feel comfortable here at home my no judgement zone! I am addicted to eating and I don't know how to fight it!! I'm disappointed in myself and honestly I feel like my body is too far gone to fix! I know I sound weak and ridiculous but I do try and fail and try and fail! I don't know what it will take I just wish my thoughts were not always about food! I wish I could think like a healthy fit person.

Replies

• jmcavezz37
    jmcavezz37 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way most of the time. This week u gained 9lbs while on vacation. Why can't we just eat healthy?!?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    You're not addicted to eating - you sound like an emotional eater, and someone who eats to "fix" problems. Except that your problem is not helped by eating....

I couldn't get over emotional eating until I had a light bulb moment and I realised how much more important it was to me to get results rather than keep eating. I literally went cold turkey off sweets/icecream (I could easily eat a block of chocolate and bag of lollies a night) and started planning nutritious meals, and preparing food in advance. I planned training sessions. I had a coach - being accountable to someone else made me even more focused on sticking to my plan. She was also motivating and got me through tough patches!

I lost 25kgs through consistent diet and training - both strength and cardio. I now have a more moderate approach to diet, and can include sweets and treats without bingeing. That took time, but I got there!

I still have to be motivated to not convert back to that - I could easily gain many KGs if I went about my life mindlessly....
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    This post did not sound very judgement free of yourself. You don't have to be perfect to lose weight. Pick one small thing to work on until you get it right and go from there.
  • tbarnett0712
    tbarnett0712 Posts: 5 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

• tbarnett0712
    tbarnett0712 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for your responses, I really appreciate it.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Things will only change when YOU say enough is enough. Is there effort involved?--yes. You have to start logging your calorie intake. Buy a digital food scale and weigh and measure everything you eat and drink. Plug your stats into MFP and get your daily calorie goal. Try to stay within it everyday. Move a little more, walking is fine to start. There is also a program on internet that is something like "couch to 5 km". Look it up and see if it's for you. Best of luck.