Why am I gaining weight on 1400 calories?

Options
I'm tall and young. I'm about 5'10 and in my 120's.
I gain weight eating 1400 calories. Why?

Replies

• MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring accurately? Invest in a food scale if you don't already have one
  • mjpree
    mjpree Posts: 11 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Do you have any food allergies or inflammation going on? If so, that will do it!

On the other hand, if you are young and still growing, as you indicate below, then gaining weight is normal, especially with that much gain in height.
  • MaddMaestro
    Options
    How old are you?
  • MaddMaestro
    Options
    7056991 wrote: »
    I recently turned 18. I'm female

Your growth and weight gain are probably normal. What is your activity like?
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    7056991 wrote: »
    Because of that, I need to eat frequently otherwise I get moody and dizzy.

um, but. is this relevant? what i mean is, i'm not sure if this is your way of saying 'yup, i'm eating 1400 calories . . . except when i'm not'.

i'm not getting at you, btw. just confused.
  • karleeggarner
    karleeggarner Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    From the info you provided, I would not eat any less, and just keep eating healthy. Try to get more greens in though. They don't add much calories but the health benefit far exceeds calories anyway. I would recommend you do some weight training. If you want to focus on your thighs, look up squat challenges and lunges. It will help tighten your legs, but not necessarily lose weight, but in my opinion you don't need to lose weight, just tone up if your worried about it. Muscle tone will make you look leaner. Two people of the exact same weight can look totally different because of muscle tone or lack thereof.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Due to, your gender, current age & height you, shouldn't weigh any less; than 122.0 pounds!
This discussion has been closed.