How much do you want to lose???

Options

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    sunny_d22 wrote: »
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    5-8lbs. Which is painful for me and could take all year.

10-12 pounds. It could take a year!

Yep. I lose like a pound per month. It's one of the hard things about being relatively lean and training hard. Also I don't do cardio so when I'm in a deficit it's pretty...painful.
  • healthypelican
    healthypelican Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    About 100lbs, but I probably don't need to. For some reason, I am convinced the less I weigh, the better, but I've seen some women with muscle, and they actually weigh more and look smaller than woman of a lower weight, so I desperately need to change my mindset.
  • comom23
    comom23 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    30-35 lbs. I had set my goal for 2 lbs/wk, which would take approximately 15 weeks ~ 3 months. With some comments and support from the boards, I've decided to slow it down and will now shoot for 1lb/wk, which will be closer to 6 months. September. However, trying not to focus only on an end number, but acknowledging that every week I will be healthier than I was the week before.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    About 100lbs, but I probably don't need to. For some reason, I am convinced the less I weigh, the better, but I've seen some women with muscle, and they actually weigh more and look smaller than woman of a lower weight, so I desperately need to change my mindset.

Save that muscle as you lose, with weight training and getting a good amount of protein, and you may not need to get to as low of a weight to look good. I complain about my weight a lot but all in all, I think I look pretty decent for a 5'4" women at 143 lbs. I have friends my weight who are below 120. I could never.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    66 pounds down, 53 to go. I would really like to hit that goal within a year. Here's to hope!
  • MrsPinterest34
    MrsPinterest34 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    35lbs total but slowly. I'm giving myself 6 months. I set my goal to 0.5-1lb per week. My primary goal is keeping the lower weight as I reduce. Good luck everyone
  • Kickupthebuttineed
    Options
    I'm looking to lose around a stone and half, i'll take just under 15 stone to start with and then see from there
  • jillk93
    jillk93 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Started with 25 to lose. Lost 14 Lbs so 11 more to go!
  • laceyslabaugh
    laceyslabaugh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have 24lbs to go ... down 5 :) We got this!!!
  • BobbyLively1961
    BobbyLively1961 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    56 lbs more
  • Kguinn30
    Kguinn30 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My goal is 50 pounds I started 10 days ago and I'm down 8 pounds.
  • LP_Std
    LP_Std Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    73 pounds to hit my ultimate goal. 18 for a mini-goal.
  • artsyklaire
    artsyklaire Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 100 lbs altogether but I am down 16.5 lbs.
  • Soccer_chick916
    Soccer_chick916 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My Goal is to lose 80 - 100 lbs. But my main focus is inches off of my waist. I would like to lose 16 inches off of my hips and 10 off of my waist
  • annteja
    annteja Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    25 pounds
  • Robert3943
    Robert3943 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    McFetts007 wrote: »
    I have 2 stone to shift to get where I want to be. How long should that take if I'm committed? Should I be there by summer??

How much does everyone else have to lose?

200 lbs
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Total I would like to lose 20ish, from now to June 1st I would like to lose 10.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have 2 stone to shift to get where I want to be. How long should that take if I'm committed? Should I be there by summer??

Summer is 13 weeks away. Safe weight loss is 1- 2lbs a week. If you want mostly fat loss, than you don't want to lose more than 1% bodyweight per week (body can only use so much of its fat stores a day, if your deficit exceeds what your body can use from fat it will start using lean body mass as well).

I don't know your start weight, but my guess is that 1-1.5 stones by the first day of summer is possible and realistic.
    How much does everyone else have to lose?

I'm trying body recomp now. I lost over 120 lbs.
  • InquisitorDovahkiin
    InquisitorDovahkiin Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Twenty to twenty five pounds while also gaining a healthy amount of muscle. :)