3rd time Newb here

Options
kmaze098
kmaze098 Posts: 19 Member
edited March 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, my names Krystal. This is my 3RD time trying to loose weight. I have a set myself a small goal to begin with. It would be great to meet other beginners

Replies

• ccb1030
    ccb1030 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Haha. I think this is about my 3rd time to "join" MFP too. I lost 35lbs a few years back, but gained it all back when life got rough. Feel free to add me!
  • rachgh3
    rachgh3 Posts: 13 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hello you sound like me!! I'm determined to make it work! Love this app and community add me up if you like xx
  • dleeclear
    dleeclear Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Third times a charm, I hope! I've used the app before but never got into the postings. I am hoping connecting with people will be more motivating. I've sent all 3 of you friend requests.
  • wonshixs
    wonshixs Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I can't remember how many times I've joined eeek.... Hopefully nth time's a charm ;) Hopefully being more into the community side will help more this time! Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to lose too quickly?

A lot of people fail to stick to it if they choose 2lb a week. Choose 1lb a week or even 0.5lb and it is easier to fit in weekends, BBQs, parties etc and not feel like you are doing without.

Also don't cut out any foods you like, just make them fit your calories.

Good luck :)
  • mwc7669
    mwc7669 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a returning newbie too. Please feel free to add me as a friend
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @kmaze098 @mwc7669 Please tell us how long you were actively using mfp on your previous attempts. Did you log your food accurately? Did you actually use a digital scale to weigh the food you were eating? Did you learn how to use the recipe tool and the food database? Did you learn about https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/search/list ? Did you learn about scoobysworkshop ? Did you learn about IIFYM ? These last three are independent web sites neither endorsed nor linked by underarmor and myfitnesspal, but they are among the plethora of good information shared amongst the community on these fora. Hang around. Get nerdy. Lose weight.
  • Klmom123
    Klmom123 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am a returning newbie too. After taking a year off , with many excuses as to why I didn't keep the weight off, I gained 15 lbs and I am not happy with it. So here I am ready to take control of my life again
  • kmaze098
    kmaze098 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to lose too quickly?

A lot of people fail to stick to it if they choose 2lb a week. Choose 1lb a week or even 0.5lb and it is easier to fit in weekends, BBQs, parties etc and not feel like you are doing without.

Also don't cut out any foods you like, just make them fit your calories.

Good luck :)

The last time i was putting myself through a strict diet + exorsise. I had a baby and was going through depression so i was putting way too much pressure on myself to loose weight. this time i am taking it slow and only cutting out cola and actually joining a gym with my friend. :)
  • xyzstar
    xyzstar Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good luck...
  • johnw83
    johnw83 Posts: 6,219 Member
    Options
    good luck please add me