40 lbs down! 75 to go! Progress Pics Inside.

Options
Hello all. My name is David, here is my story.

I've been overweight pretty much all of my life, certainly ever since I stopped growing. Even at my most "fit" I was still overweight. In college ~2007/8, I weighed right around 215lbs at 6'0 and to date, that is the best shape I have been in for my entire full-grown life. At the end of last year, I stepped on the scale for the first time in a good while and it rolled around all the way to 300 lbs....the maximum number on my scale. I had known I needed to do something about my weight and health for a long time, but this was a major turning point for me. It was so easy to always fall back on "Well, I'll start tomorrow. Today has been really stressful, I worked hard all day, a pint of ice cream won't kill me!" Well, when binge eating is a problem for you, as it is for me, that pint of ice cream isn't just once in a while, it ends up being quite often, and on top of that it ends up being joined with an entire pizza in one sitting, when you're not really even that hungry.

But, on to the good part.

With my epiphane that if I didn't make some serious changes right away, I would be doomed to just continue gaining weight little by little until one day I stepped on the scale and it said 350 or 400 lbs and I told myself that I absolutely would not let that be happening.

I resolved to change my life and take control of my health. I made a vow to lose at least 50 lbs by the end of the year and I let my friends and family know as well as seeking any advice they might have. A number of people told me about MyFitnessPal so I went ahead and installed it, honestly without it, I don't think I would have had half the success that I have. Between it and a number of other tools I have been very pleased. In conjunciton with MFP, I purchased a Fitbit, and used iifym.com to figure out a good calorie/macro balance for myself. I've been using a 45% protein, 35% fat, 20% carb ratio as my goal with a steadily declining calorie goal. On top of that, I make the effort to always have regular meals/snacks and to keep them within certain hours of the day. I also got a gym membership and have been exercising regularly on top of just adapting to a more active lifestyle with a lot of added walks as well as sport activities.

With that said, on 12/29/2016 I weighed 300 lbs, as of yesterday morning - 3/16/2017, I weighed 260 lbs. Here are some progress pics.

300lbs
n3afob36ofsf.png
34ea58kkt4rw.png
68vhra01nfhp.png
9aepo7zhogv5.png

260lbs
qz4bveclwq5i.png
q54tvg6wihpb.png
t5p4yww6to1u.png
9earlqk1jteq.png

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!